Using Evernote as an email Archive on a Mac & IOS

So I use Evernote for my business & often refer back to my email archive to emails.

However I have still yet to find an IOS email app that actually searches adequately, I know there is an email in my archive under the search criteria I entered and it just does not show. Honestly I feel Apple should have mastered this by now. Even this third party app I am using gives me a similar experience when searching.

So I am considering using Evernote instead. The main challenge here is finding an app that will enable me to move multiple emails together at the same time so I can move all my email archive into Evernote.

Would love to be able to do this on the Mac & IOS device.

Currently I'm using Cloud Magic & I can only move one at a time. A lengthy process for hundreds of emails.

Ideally an app that allow a QUICK 'archive to EN' funtion rather than multiple button presses just to get one note into EN since I often move a lot of emails to archive for reference later.

All ideas welcome :-)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Dan5819 said:

So I use Evernote for my business & often refer back to my email archive to emails....Ideally an app that allow a QUICK 'archive to EN' funtion rather than multiple button presses just to get one note into EN since I often move a lot of emails to archive for reference later.

On my Mac, I use an app (EverMail) to archive selected email to Evernote
edited: Evermail is replaced by MailButler, thanks @s2sailor
Nothing available for the iPad, so I either leave the mail in the inbox, or use the mail forward feature

Since we are Mac users, there are scripting options to automate this function.  
For example: http://veritrope.com/code/apple-mail-to-evernote/.  
I could see this triggered by setting a mail tag

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I use an app (EverMail) to archive selected email to Evernote

FYI, it looks like EverMail is now MailButler.  From the EverMail website:

Note: EverMail is no longer for sale. Its functionality is now included in Feigeist's MailButler, whose link can be found int he following paragraph.

EverMail--which is now a part of MailButler, the complete assistant for Apple Mail--allows you to easily convert emails in Apple's Mail application to be converted into notes in Evernote. This conversion includes formatting, file attachments and all other information regarding that particular email. Notes created by EverMail contain a direct more...

Well not I have to check out this MailButler thing. If I need to archive any email I just select all the messages and email them into EN and put the tags that I need. Has worked fine up until now. It's not the prettiest thing when you pull them up in EN but they search fine and that's really all I need for that.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Well not I have to check out this MailButler thing. If I need to archive any email I just select all the messages and email them into EN and put the tags that I need. Has worked fine up until now. It's not the prettiest thing when you pull them up in EN but they search fine and that's really all I need for that.

I should have pointed out that it's subscription based, i.e. an annual fee

That turned me off, especially since we had the email import

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Dan5819 said:

So I am considering using Evernote instead. The main challenge here is finding an app that will enable me to move multiple emails together at the same time so I can move all my email archive into Evernote.

Would love to be able to do this on the Mac & IOS device.

Currently I'm using Cloud Magic & I can only move one at a time. A lengthy process for hundreds of emails.

Ideally an app that allow a QUICK 'archive to EN' funtion rather than multiple button presses just to get one note into EN since I often move a lot of emails to archive for reference later.

I think Evernote is a great tool for email archival.  I use Outlook 2011 Mac, and forward all email I want to keep to Evernote.

I have several AppleScripts and Keyboard Maestro macros that highly automate this process, often times cleaning up and reformatting the email, as well as assigning tags based on content.  I don't use Apple Mail, but I would think you could do the same.  If you'd like more info, just reply.

On July 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM, DTLow said:

I should have pointed out that it's subscription based, i.e. an annual fee

That turned me off, especially since we had the email import

I just wanted to thank you for mentioning MailButler. I tried out the app and I loved it. I handle all "administrative stuff" for my husband and this makes it a lot easier. The subscription isn't that bad price wise. 

Archived