Evernote Icon in taskbar - scrolling background

• Level 5

I just noticed the Evernote icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen doing something I have not seen before. The green background is scrolling from the left to right side over and over again. It has been doing this for the past 15 minutes.

I have done a forced manual sync (F9) several times. The rotating sync arrows move for a few seconds and stop. 

Any ideas why the icon is doing this?

using:Evernote for Windows 6.1.2.2292 (302292) Public

Evenote icon.png

• Level 5

The scrolling icon occurred a couple more times, so I contacted Evernote Support. They said:

"Thank you for including the screenshot from your system. This may be due to some function in the desktop application."

"Since this is the case, I would like to collect an activity log from the device that you are having issues with. This will help me to better diagnose the problem by providing potential error messages and version information for your application so that we can work to resolve it."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
I sent the logs and got the following response:

"From the logs, it doesn't appear that there are any error messages or repetitive actions that could be causing the application to hang."

"Have you been finding that this is occurring frequently? Has it been a long standing issue? Or has it just occurred the couple of times over the last day or so? When was the last time you saw the icon behave this way?"

I sent him some additional info - it has occurred 3 times since Friday.

His response:

"Thank you for getting back to me and for providing that information. What I'm assuming is occurring is Evernote is hanging slightly whenever you switch accounts." 

"This can be caused by one of your accounts having a much larger database than the other, and Evernote has to "think" a little longer in order to access and display all of the contents of your note."

"If you find that this hang is persisting for an inordinate amount of time, we can work on some general troubleshooting steps to see if we can get it resolved."

My guess is the cause of this issue has stumped the Support employee.

Archived