Hi guys,

Had a couple of negative experiences recently with the Evernote Android app (v7.9.1 on Android 6.0) - basically some of the edits I have made to my notes are not being saved.  Nothing too serious, but it is making me reconsider whether I should keep using Evernote or not.  Is there some way of making sure the notes have been synced up?  I did notice this for the first time yesterday, spent a couple of hours editing another note today, hitting save every 5-10 minutes.  Hit the tick to close the notebook and literally none of the edits had been saved.  Is there something I'm missing?

M

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, martin.everett said:

Had a couple of negative experiences recently with the Evernote Android app (v7.9.1 on Android 6.0) - basically some of the edits I have made to my notes are not being saved.  Nothing too serious, but it is making me reconsider whether I should keep using Evernote or not.  Is there some way of making sure the notes have been synced up?  I did notice this for the first time yesterday, spent a couple of hours editing another note today, hitting save every 5-10 minutes.  Hit the tick to close the notebook and literally none of the edits had been saved.  Is there something I'm missing

You indicated "not saved" and "not synced" which are two different functions.

On my devices (Apple), "not synced" leads to "conflicting changes", not lost notes.

I don't even have a save button.  I have a sync button.

Hello @martin.everett,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. 

In this case I would suggest submitting a support ticket with our team so we can further take a look at what is causing this and see about recovering that content. Please click on the link in my signature to submit that support request. After doing that, please let me know the ticket number and we can go from there.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, martin.everett said:

Hi guys,

Had a couple of negative experiences recently with the Evernote Android app (v7.9.1 on Android 6.0) - basically some of the edits I have made to my notes are not being saved.  Nothing too serious, but it is making me reconsider whether I should keep using Evernote or not.  Is there some way of making sure the notes have been synced up?  I did notice this for the first time yesterday, spent a couple of hours editing another note today, hitting save every 5-10 minutes.  Hit the tick to close the notebook and literally none of the edits had been saved.  Is there something I'm missing?

As DTLow said, a little clarification is needed: are the edits to the notes being lost altogether (and in that sense not saved)? Or do they appear in the Android app, but are not being synced to the Evernote servers (and thus not appearing in the Web, Windows, iOS, etc., versions of Evernote)? By "hitting save every 5-10 minutes," I presume you mean the Save option in the menu at top right of the editing screen?

As noted by Matt W. in another thread, v. 7.9 is an update still in the process of being rolled out, and only a relatively few users have it. If there's a problem with it, getting the exact issue clarified will help sort things out.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
  • Level 5
On 7/10/2019 at 7:44 PM, tarun6006 said:

I'm facing this issue . Please let me know where I can raise support ticket or if you can guide me towards resolution I'd appreciate it.

Hello, @tarun6006, and welcome to the forums! These are mostly user-to-user discussions, but we love to help. The original poster here did not give quite enough details to identify the problem, so it would be helpful if you could say a bit more. What exactly is happening, or not happening? Specifically, are edits that you make to your notes getting lost altogether (so that they disappear when you close the note)? Or do they appear in the Android app, but not in the Web, Windows, iOS, etc., versions of Evernote (meaning that they are not being synced)? Are you by any chance having a problem similar to the one reported in this thread? In any case, what version of the Android app are you using?

Hi Dave,

My problem is not reading the referred thread. I'm able make changes to my notebook however when I click on the tick mark on the top left side of the page. I'm getting a little note in the bottom saying "Failed to save the note"

I'm currently using Android app version 8.11

• Level 5

Thanks for the clarification. I've rarely seen that error, and when I have seen it, I think force-closing Evernote or rebooting the phone fixed it. That would be worth a try--first of all saving the content of the note in some other app temporarily! If all else fails, you could uninstall Evernote on the device and reinstall. This can be a bit time-consuming--you do have to make sure that any offline notebooks are temporarily made online, and then do a sync (for whatever notes will sync). On mobile devices, Evernote doesn't store the entire database, only an index and any offline notebooks. So when you uninstall, those will be lost. When you reinstall, the index will be recreated by doing a sync, and if you have a lot of notes and notebooks that can take awhile. So hopefully just restarting the app or the phone will fix it.

• 1 month later...

I am also experiencing this issue (Evernote 8.12 on Android 10). When attempting to take a picture and save to the note, I receive the "Failed to save note" error message after tapping on the checkmark. This has persisted for a number of weeks, even after restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the Evernote app. 

• 3 months later...

I also receive the "Failed to save note" error consistently on one particular note for the last couple of months. Even if I duplicate the note, I receive the saving error on the new copy. The note isn't particularly large (68.3 KB). Additional details:

• Phone: Google Pixel 2, Android 10
  • App: 8.12.3
  • 1 month later...

Same issue I'm having, but both files are at the 25MB file size BUT I can't even delete text or images in the file to make it smaller. No changes will save. "Saving note to folder". "Failed to save note". I see people having these type of file saving errors for years on the forums. I bragged about this platform to a lot of people but it seems to be plagued with technical glitches. How can Evernote expect to convert basic users to premium with basic features failing?

• 3 weeks later...