Any way no full sync the desktop client

I am premium user for sometime, note keep accumulate, and I like the way Evenote handle mobile device where just cache recent content rather than attempt to full sync entire notes into limited storage mobile device. Since internet is always connect, feel comfortable for search and read, and access by cache manner.

But for the desktop client, is there a way configure to be the same, without require download everything into the desktop, or option to disable full sync or enable full sync on specific notebook etc, just like how Evenote for iOS and Andriod is implement?

Thank in advance.

Vincent

• Level 5*
On June 8, 2016 at 7:40 AM, limkimkeong said:

But for the desktop client, is there a way configure to be the same, without require download everything into the desktop, or option to disable full sync or enable full sync on specific notebook etc, just like how Evenote for iOS and Andriod is implement?

Currently, the Windows/Mac desktop platforms are full database.

You don't have to use the client software; you can access your notes with a browser using the web platform.

• Level 5*
On 6/8/2016 at 9:40 AM, limkimkeong said:

Not at this time.  You are not the first to request it, and no idea if it is in EN's pipeline to develop..

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, limkimkeong said:

Thank everyone.

Maybe I think @DTLow advice explore how to be client less for my workflow instead, just use browser.

@csihillingthank for let me know. Desktop despite had big storage but it still consider small once data accumulate.

You are welcome. 

Just depends on how much disk you have or want to allocate to EN.  I have been using EN for 6+ years and have a data base of about 15GB with plenty of free space on my SSD.  But it depends on the type of notes that you create.  My suggestion would be to use the desktop for a few months and see how much data you create and then make a decision.  For me the desktop client is so much richer in function I rarely use the web.  Mostly PC with a bit on IOS phone/tablet.  FWIW.

Archived