Sync Notifications- turn off?

Hello,

Is it possible to turn off the annoying notifications, to tell me "Sync completed" in the windows tray? I really dont need to know every 2 minutes when it syncs etc.

I actually exit out of Evernote to stop this currently, is there a better way?

Regards

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The placement of that checkbox is very unintuitive, and the frequent pop-ups are indeed annoying. So thank you for the pointer to that

+

feedback: might make sense to change the default setting to no notification per sync and/or move that box to a much more visible place.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, overzeetop said:

since the sync notifications pop-up from the tray 

They don't. They popup from the lower right corner of the monitor. (My task bar is on the left side of the monitor)

I must be missing something. I don't see an "Enable Sync Notifications" checkbox. I'm using Windows 10. These notifications go against everything I stand for! Wow, first world problems amiright?

On 4/28/2016 at 9:20 PM, dconnet said:

Looks like we removed the option in V6 but forgot to remove the behavior. Bug noted.

If you edit the registry, you can turn them off by setting SyncNotifications to 0.

I've done this, and it works at first, but it doesn't seem to stick. After a while the notifications start up again and SyncNotifications has been set back to 1.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Trajectory said:

I've done this, and it works at first, but it doesn't seem to stick. After a while the notifications start up again and SyncNotifications has been set back to 1.

Make sure EN is closed (File-Exit or Ctrl-Q) before you make the registry change. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree here.  Would be nice to have an option to suppress the messages. "Don't show for another hour/day/month/ever" as they pop up and/or have an option in the menu to disable "successful" sync messages. 

There's likely a lot of development going on but this seems to be a small change that would go far for loyal paying customers. 

Is there a place where users can up-vote feature changes?

I can confirm changing the registry setting while EN is off fixes the issue, while I understand people not wanting to go there.

I've added a .reg file to make it easier to have a work around untill the issue is fixed by EN. I would appreciate if someone could confirm my file is legit and functions as a workaround.

Content:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Evernote\Evernote]
"SyncNotifications"=dword:00000000

Evernote sync notification turned off.reg

• 4 months later...

TURN OFF ANNOYING SYNC NOTICES: In Windows 10, type in "turn off sync notifications" in the "Ask me anything" box below your Menu and you will taken directly to the Windows 10 Settings page that tells you how to do that.

Archived