• Level 5*

FWIW, the font changes immediately for me. 

@Concrete, I don't believe the global font change will effect any fonts that you set in a note.  That is, only notes that were created with the default font will have the font change.

• 2 months later...

I was having this same problem.  I changed the default font in Tools > Option  > Note and it did not immediately change for me.  I restarted the Evernote application and it still did not change.  Then I noticed the small Evenote icon in the notification area of the taskbar.  After I did a right-click on the icon and selected Quit Evernote, I launched the application again and the default font was changed.  Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

@Tom Brewer Boy, this helped me big-time. For me, quitting the tray icon did the trick. However, I had to still then go into the registry and set it properly. Here's what I did:

1. Close Evernote window.
  2. Right-click on the tray icon and close it as well.
  3. Open regedit.msc and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Evernote\Evernote".
  4. Change the NoteFontFace value to the desired string (for me, that's Cambria).
  5. Change the NoteFontSize value as well if desired.
  6. Restart Evernote and your font should now be set!

Thanks again for the help. I spent a long time aggravated over this, so I really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Neither of the solutions worked for me, when I create a new note I still have the same font size. And If I change the font in options, when I create a new note it will use the new font but not the font size.

• Level 5*
On 09/10/2017 at 12:08 PM, t3mujin said:

Neither of the solutions worked for me

Hi.  Did you restart your device along the way?  If you have tried everything,  and it's still broke I'd suggest you contact Support on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new if you're a subscriber,  or Twitter if not - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Archived