• Level 5*

Per EN, there is a search term Author: which you could try. For example, Author:"First Last". If that doesn't work you can add author as a column in list view, sort by it, and then scroll.

I add the second option since the author: search did not work well for me. Could have been cockpit error, anyway the second method got me what I needed.

• Level 5*

Just note: the author: search is exact: it's case-sensitive, and you must match the entire "Author" field.You can use postfix wildcards, though

That is, if your "Author" field contains "Bob Smith", then a search for "author:Bob" will fail, as will a search for "author:bob smith". A search for "äuthor:Bob*" will succeed.

• 2 years later...

I'm having trouble with search using the author field.  Here are an example that works, and one that doesn't.  I suspect the latter has to do with the quoted name in the field, is there a way around this?

field value for author in note information:
TelecomLead <editor@telecomlead.com>
search:  
author:telecomlead*
returns all expected notes

field value for author in note information:
"Telecompaper" <headlines@mail.telecompaper.com>
none of the following searches returns any results:
author:telecompaper*
author:mail.telecompaper*
author:telecompaper.com
author:mail.telecompaper.com
author:"Telecompaper"
author:"Telecompaper <headlines@mail.telecompaper.com>"
author:headlines@mail.telecompaper*
author:headlines@mail.telecompaper.com
author:headlines*

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, eafpres said:

I'm having trouble with search using the author field.  Here are an example that works, and one that doesn't.  I suspect the latter has to do with the quoted name in the field, is there a way around this?

Can you look at notes and verify the author information is stored correctly

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, eafpres said:

Field value for author in note information:
"Telecompaper" <headlines@mail.telecompaper.com>

I think that the double-quote character is the problem; you just can't search for those using the 'author' search, as far as I can tell, or with other Evernote searches either.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, jefito said:

I think that the double-quote character is the problem; you just can't search for those using the 'author' search, as far as I can tell, or with other Evernote searches either.

The backslash escape character ('\') may be used to escape a quotation mark within a quoted phrase.

see  Evernote Search Grammar   for more details

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

The backslash escape character ('\') may be used to escape a quotation mark within a quoted phrase.

Yep, that's right; and good catch. 

Also, I went back and kicked this around a bit more and found out that a search for author:"\"Telecompaper" or author:"\"Telecom*" should do the trick after all, at least i the Windows client. This also works with intitle: as well, and possibly more.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Yep, that's right; and good catch. 

Also, I went back and kicked this around a bit more and found out that a search for author:"\"Telecompaper" or author:"\"Telecom*" should do the trick after all, at least i the Windows client. This also works with intitle: as well, and possibly more.

Thank you!  I overlooked the backslash escape.  Here is what works (I think this is due to the email address after):

author:"\"Telecompaper*"

Archived