Evernote syncing down

Is Evernote syncing down? I've been unable to sync for at least the last 10 hours and a search on twitter reveals I'm not the only one. There's nothing mentioned on the status page so I'm beginning to wonder if it's a small subset of users and I'm just unlucky.

• Level 5

Something seems fishy with Evernote's sync ability. I have submitted 2 support requests about sync failures in the past week.

By the way, in my opinion, the Status Page no longer reflects the detailed reality from a user's standpoint.

It might indicate what Evernote employees are able to see from a higher level, but as you pointed out, there have been many recent complaints about Evernote sync in Twitter, Google+, and this forum.

It has been down for me since Saturday Nov 29th -- the iOS client, windows client, mac client and even the web client are all spotty and refuse to sync for the most part. Starting to transfer my notes over to Google docs.

I've been having this problem too.  It's happening on my Mac as well as my PC (both desktop versions).  I already submitted a trouble ticket.  

There was Evernote communication that this has been happening on the Mac but is likely isolated to 6.0.0 and recommended folks upgrade to 6.0.1, but it is also occurring in 6.0.2.  

Bad stuff.  Evernote has been essentially non-functioning since Thursday and no response from the company... 

It was back briefly for me but now I'm back to the usual "Synchronization failed" error. This is across all of my devices and two separate accounts so I'm ruling out a device/app corruption issue. All of my notes are effectively quarantined on whatever device I wrote/edited them on and having to print out stuff for meetings is frankly a colossal pain in the *****.

I think my subscription is due pretty soon so it may be time to investigate other options. Painful to do but if EN are gonna hide in a cupboard anytime they have an issue instead of just informing their users I don't think I'll be staying a customer for much longer.

Still working for me today.

I do understand your pain dealing with EN problem, I'm also premium user that absolutely rely on EN for many important tasks, we need EN to work reliably and be transparent when a problem does come up.

I've had sync and other issues since the weekend. Two support tickets have gone unanswered

I'm a premium member and have been since 2008

WTF??

Did you try using live chat? That's usually pretty quick. 

Live chat isn't so lively at the moment. Waited for the "next available agent" with an open chat window for about 15 minutes, then had to go to a meeting...

I've had sync and other issues since the weekend. Two support tickets have gone unanswered

WTF??

Live chat isn't so lively at the moment. Waited for the "next available agent" with an open chat window for about 15 minutes, then had to go to a meeting...

Yikes!  In the past I've rarely wanted more than 5 minutes, but i suppose that's the ebb and flow of demand for support for you! Sometimes there is an issue connecting so if you have to wait longer than 15 minutes, or something seems suspicious, you might just want to try and initiate chat again (otherwise you might end up waiting for eternity due to a technical glitch). 

WTF??

Yikes!  In the past I've rarely wanted more than 5 minutes, but i suppose that's the ebb and flow of demand for support for you! Sometimes there is an issue connecting so if you have to wait longer than 15 minutes, or something seems suspicious, you might just want to try and initiate chat again (otherwise you might end up waiting for eternity due to a technical glitch). 

Seriously I think everyone is drunk or Evernote HQ has been overrun by walkers. Now when I try Chat I get "Chat is available from Monday through Friday, 5am to 5pm Pacific Time." (and its 4.09PM pacific)

• Level 5*

In the beginning, Evernote Chat Support was almost immediate.

But in the last few weeks, I have had to wait 30 min or more before a live Chat person comes online.

By DESIGN, chat support is supposed to be very quick, within 1-2 minutes.

It is NOT a technical glitch, at least not between my computer and Evernote.

Yikes!  In the past I've rarely wanted more than 5 minutes, 

In the beginning, Evernote Chat Support was almost immediate.

But in the last few weeks, I have had to wait 30 min or more before a live Chat person comes online.

By DESIGN, chat support is supposed to be very quick, within 1-2 minutes.

It is NOT a technical glitch, at least not between my computer and Evernote.

Yikes!  In the past I've rarely wanted more than 5 minutes, 

I suggested that it might be a technical glitch because that has happened to users in the past. They sit there waiting for 20 minutes with no response because the connection is never established. The other suggestion I made was that the wait time was long.

The issue has been resolved for me.  That issue was Evernote desktop for Mac and PC not syncing.  It also entailed very slow response time (including not working at all) to accessing Evernote via a browser.

My observations from the experience is this:

• At no point did the status page or twitter show any system issues despite complaints appearing here and on social media.
  • Several people raised support tickets that have never been responded to by the company.  I know that I opened two tickets and have not heard anything.
  • Several people had no luck with the chat support.  Folks are quibbling about maybe it taking longer, but I made a half dozen different attempts and at times kept the window open for over an hour while reading.

My takeaway?  

• Evernote is a great product and I will continue to use it.
  • Evernote is NOT a product I can recommend for corporate use (an evaluation I've been doing prior to making any recommendations).  This isn't due to product instability (which is a concern) but due to their VERY poor support, which is the kiss of death.

My recommendation to the company is that they need to determine if they want to continue to be an end-user focused software company or one going after the Enterprise market.  They seem to be pouring a lot of money into features that are of very questionable value and do not really fit into the core product.  That's fine.  The problem is that they seem to be trying to position themselves for corporate use while still running support like it's a three-guys-in-a-garage company.  

Not answering Premium chat lines?  Not answering your support trouble tickets over a week later?  You will not survive in the corporate arena with this.  You might consider doubling down on the consumer market.

Thanks for this reply! I really feel the same way. I have been using and promoting Evernote for ages. I always was really happy with it, but this really drained my confident with the product. It's killing to be precise. No apologies whatsoever from support... I thought they would cherish their loyal users, but I'm wrong...

I eventually got a response when I tweeted Phil Libin and commented on one of their facebook posts.

I sent my activity log to support and it turns out I've found a new bug. Bottom line is the computer that is having the issue is dead in the water until they fix it. No ETA as of yet

• Level 5*

@fisherw:  Can you please share your environment with us so others will know if they encounter your bug:

1. Platform (PC/Mac)
  2. OS Ver
  3. EN Ver

Thanks.

I eventually got a response when I tweeted Phil Libin and commented on one of their facebook posts.

I sent my activity log to support and it turns out I've found a new bug. Bottom line is the computer that is having the issue is dead in the water until they fix it. No ETA as of yet

@fisherw:  Can you please share your environment with us so others will know if they encounter your bug:

1. Platform (PC/Mac)
  2. OS Ver
  3. EN Ver

Thanks.

Evernote for Windows 5.7.2.5753 (273753) Public

Archived