I love Evernote, but the colour scheme sucks

Sannyasa

Idea

10 replies to this idea

I, too, would appreciate the option. I live close to the beach... doesn't mean I frequent the beach every day... it's nice to know it's there when if I choose to go. Also, the thing about our interfaces is that they are for our eyes only. Our preferences are not displayed publicly... like the Myspace or the Orkut (RIP) platforms - where they tend to look very juvenile. Does the rest of the world care whether I have colored notebooks - since they'll never see them (especially if I discreetly slip into presentation mode)? It's like moving into a new house and not being able to change the color of the walls. 

I don't like this color scheme either!  Please, please, please give us users the options to customize the presentation. My eyes are hurting from this washed out and, yes, more difficult to process screen...

What is it with all of this light color stuff? Fonts light colors notebooks no colors - many of us have trouble seeing things that lack contrast.  You are not helping with accessibility for the handicapped.

Personally, I fed up with Evernote. Version 6 and 6.03 is app that can be released only by folks without brain.

I decided to delete it from my Mac and move to Google Keep for fast note taking and to OneNote for professional notes. This move will be hard for me because Evernote become important part of my workflow, so i will use evernote web in time of this transition. 

I can't trust my data to company with so unprofessional team. 

I just went Premium and am making an effort to integrate Evernote into my work flow as a consulting technical writer.

I am astounded that Evernote does not provide the ability to color-code notebooks and notes. I feel like I'm back in 1985; except that even the earliest days of HTML weren't color deprived.

For that matter, along with simple controls for the color of notebooks and notes, I'd like to more easily be able to customize the apperance of notes' design elements such as bulleted lists. My preferred layout is square bullets with no (as in zero) indentation of the list items. I can do that easily in CSS so even an advanced feature that provides me with the ability to customize my notes' CSS would be handy.

But for heavens sake, let's see some color!

Cheers & hope this helps,

R

SFO

• Level 5*

I just went Premium and am making an effort to integrate Evernote into my work flow as a consulting technical writer.

I am astounded that Evernote does not provide the ability to color-code notebooks and notes. I feel like I'm back in 1985; except that even the earliest days of HTML weren't color deprived.

For that matter, along with simple controls for the color of notebooks and notes, I'd like to more easily be able to customize the apperance of notes' design elements such as bulleted lists. My preferred layout is square bullets with no (as in zero) indentation of the list items. I can do that easily in CSS so even an advanced feature that provides me with the ability to customize my notes' CSS would be handy.

But for heavens sake, let's see some color!

Cheers & hope this helps,

R

SFO

That's rather more than the design issue (which is addressed in posts #2 and #7 above),  that's a feature request which has also been made several times before,  with no apparent movement from EN.  I'm also a tech writer,  and I'd like the changes you're suggesting too,  but just like the changes requested for book authors,  students,  coders and many other occupations,  they would favour only a small faction of Evernote users and could add huge depth to the menu structure.

After 10 months with the pale gray, zero-contrast interface, Evernote just rolled out an update with a darker sidebar. Thanks for all who complained (along with me) in various posts throughout the forums about this. I'd like to think they listened to us. 

Archived