Search not searching?

GadgetBoy

I have a note titled "Hamburger".

It was created on my Android Evernote and then sync'd.

When I search on my Windows client for "hamburger", it isn't returned on the list of hits. On my Android device, it's found.

Any thoughts on this?

I have a note titled "Hamburger".

It was created on my Android Evernote and then sync'd.

When I search on my Windows client for "hamburger", it isn't returned on the list of hits. On my Android device, it's found.

Any thoughts on this?

Did you sync the Windows App after syncing the Android app?

This has been going on for months. I'm finally getting around to asking the question.

Everything is sync'd. 

To be clear, the note appears in my Windows client, but it isn't returned as a hit when I search for the term. If I navigate to the notebook where it is located ("Cooking") it can be found. If I search for the word "Hamburger" on the web client it is also returned as a hit.

Since the EN Web client search finds the Note, I suggest you Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Thank you. I am a premium user anyway (and have been since forever!).

• Level 5*

Please let us know what response you get!

Still no response... 

:-(

Since you are a Premium Account owner, you can always use EN Chat to get an immediate response:

See Evernote Chat Support, available 9am-4pm US PST. (Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

I have the same issue.  Search works great online, on my phone, an on Evernote for desktop but doesn't find anything when searching on Evernote Touch. Been going on for a while.  I chatted with someone today but all she could do was submit a ticket for me.  I'll update also when I hear back on the Ticket.

• Level 5*

Here's something to try: find the note that contains "hamburger" (which you can't find) in the Windows program, and export it a Evernote format (.enex) to disk; the desktop will do as a location. Open the resulting file in a text editor (Notepad, if nothing else) and see if you can find the text string "hamburger" there.

Here's something to try: find the note that contains "hamburger" (which you can't find) in the Windows program, and export it a Evernote format (.enex) to disk; the desktop will do as a location. Open the resulting file in a text editor (Notepad, if nothing else) and see if you can find the text string "hamburger" there.

The note is there. I can browse to it by opening the "Cooking" folder and scrolling down to find it.

• Level 5*

The note is there. I can browse to it by opening the "Cooking" folder and scrolling down to find it.

Yes, I know that the note is there since you said it before. I'm suggesting that you export the note to Evernote format, which, when loaded into a text editor, will reveal the underlying content and markup. It's possible that markup or some other formatting factor is interfering with search, though that "shouldn't" happen. There was a case recently in the forums here that sounded similar, though I can't remember the exact details.

Sorry, misunderstood.

I removed the body of the note (no one needs to see my hamburger recipe, haha) and the latitude and longitude. The title appears to be fine, no?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<en-export export-date="20141024T095148Z" application="Evernote/Windows" version="5.x">

<note><title>Hamburger</title><content><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE en-note SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd"><en-note style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"> ....

<source>mobile.android</source></note-attributes></note></en-export>

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I had the same problem and was unable to move the database. Can you please tell me how you moved your database to the desktop? I tried to do this and I got an error message that said that I could not move the folder because another program (presumably Evernote Touch) was using it.

Then, the Evernote rep told me to start the Surface 2 in safe mode, which caused a huge problem on my Surface 2. I had to get Microsoft involved to get it back to normal. Microsoft said that they had problems with safe mode on the Surface 2, so I will not try that again. 

Sounds like GadgetBoy got the problem resolved. I just need to see exactly what he did to get the database to rebuild.

Thanks.

Archived