Jump to content

search results are not highlighted


Recommended Posts

  • Level 5*

If the document content is visible in a note,  then a "current context" search should highlight the content.  If it's not visible,  then an application which reads or edits the content should be able to find all occurrences.  I don't know how far the highlighting feature can go in marking words in multi-page documents,  particularly if it occurs more than once...

Link to post
  • 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem.  I can search notebooks, but the results are only highlighted in some of them, and not all.  Not sure why that is happening, but it is truly frustrating to have to scroll up and down to find the highlighted word/phrase you're looking for.  Is it the way I'm searching that's causing this issue, or is it just the nature of the beast?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 9/29/2014 at 0:42 AM, Pico-Thai said:

searching for a content in a document or pdf , should the result of the search not be highlighted ??

Without , finding the searched subject can be very cumbersome

The EN search will find notes with the PDFs that contain the search text.  And for some PDFs the search text will be highlighted in the PDF when you change pages using the EN viewer (appears when you hover over the PDF).  If not you do have to open the PDF and use the find function therein (typically Ctrl-F) to find the search text.

ScreenClip.png

Link to post
  • Level 5
On 7/14/2016 at 10:44 AM, rcspencer1 said:

I'm having a similar problem.  I can search notebooks, but the results are only highlighted in some of them, and not all.  Not sure why that is happening, but it is truly frustrating to have to scroll up and down to find the highlighted word/phrase you're looking for.  Is it the way I'm searching that's causing this issue, or is it just the nature of the beast?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

A little more information may help. What kind of content do the notes have when the results are not highlighted? Plain text, material copied from Web pages (perhaps HTML), PDFs, images?

Link to post
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, rcspencer1 said:

It's just plain text, most of which has been copied in to a notebook from a notepad file, a Word document, or an Outlook note.  I haven't yet advanced to adding content from pdf's, html, etc :>)   Thank you

Well, that does make it extremely puzzling, beyond me for sure. Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, rcspencer1 said:

It's just plain text, most of which has been copied in to a notebook from a notepad file, a Word document, or an Outlook note.  I haven't yet advanced to adding content from pdf's, html, etc :>)   Thank you

Plain text is working for me, Windows beta, but before then as well, example below.  Some words like a, and, the won't be highlighted.

ScreenClip.png

Link to post

Thanks, csihilling.  It's working sometimes for me, just like you show, but other times it finds the search but I have to scroll up/down to actually see the highlighted word....very strange.  In any case, I'm sure I can live with it, but do you know how to quickly go to the next instance of the search that it finds?   In other words, if in your example there was another "message" further down, how do you quickly go to that such as doing a search in a Word document?   Thank you.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, rcspencer1 said:

Thanks, csihilling.  It's working sometimes for me, just like you show, but other times it finds the search but I have to scroll up/down to actually see the highlighted word....very strange.  In any case, I'm sure I can live with it, but do you know how to quickly go to the next instance of the search that it finds?   In other words, if in your example there was another "message" further down, how do you quickly go to that such as doing a search in a Word document?   Thank you.

You are welcome.   To find other instances of text inside a long note I would use Ctrl-F, same as you can do in Word.  

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...