HELP! needed: modification date of notes changes all by itself

Joostje

O someone, please help!

I have tried to contact the help desk of evernote, but they seem to be speechless (not responding after promise)

I have a serious problem:

When I make a note, it gets a date. I make many notes. After some time I notice that some dates of notes change. Not the date when it was made, but the modification-date. There is no-one touching the notes. this is very worry-some!

I use EN for business. I have a premium-account.

The notes I share with customers (read only) and my team (read-write). I use primary my macbook, secondary my iMac, and furthermore 2 iPads an iPhone.

I Am getting quite deperate now.

pleas, can somebody help??

thank you

Jo

:wacko:

Hi Jo.  I am not sure I will be able to help, but I will try since no one else has responded to your post as of yet.

What version of the EN client are you using?

Do I understand you correct when you say, the modification dates are changing without anyone actually making any changes to the Notes?

Is anything else about the Notes changing?  Such as Tags assigned to them, the Notebooks they are assigned to, etc?

In regards to EN Support not responding to you, I am assuming you submitted a Support Ticket.  What date and time did you submit the Ticket?

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response!

Well, speaking about the 'devil', I took one more chance in contacting EN, and now they responded, saying they did. Prob. they did not press the send-button!.

I wil wait what they have to say. I hope they respond a bit quicker now. For me it is urgent, I Have customers that are a bit annoyed I think.

To give you some answer to the above:

I use the latest clients on my iMac an Macbook. Also all software on iPad and iPhone are up to date.

Yes, of course, I send in  ticket. Seems to be the first thing to do I guess. The ticket was send some days ago.

there is nothing els changing as far as I am aware of only the modification-dates.

thanks sofar, I will keep you posted.

Interesting to hear a Business/Premium user has to wait days before getting a response.  Very sorry to hear this, but it is not the first time, I grant you that!

There is no telling what they will find in regards to the dates changing.  I am using EN Version 5.6.0 public and will not be upgrading to any newer version because of so many bugs and issues being reported.

Good luck with Support.  If there is anything we can do for you here, let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm seeing the same problem here.   At first I thought it might be due to the various clients I'm using (I recently switched to running Linux on all of my main computers and go between the web interface for evernote and nixnote/everpad.   I'm seeing a number of the notes get updated all at the same time (modification date change but no editing of any sort).  I also   android clients on a tablet and phone.

I have not narrowed down what is unique about those notes, but I agree it really makes the sorting by updated date useless if this continues.

Was there ever an answer provided?

-Lance

I think I'm seeing the same problem here.   At first I thought it might be due to the various clients I'm using (I recently switched to running Linux on all of my main computers and go between the web interface for evernote and nixnote/everpad.   I'm seeing a number of the notes get updated all at the same time (modification date change but no editing of any sort).  I also   android clients on a tablet and phone.

I have not narrowed down what is unique about those notes, but I agree it really makes the sorting by updated date useless if this continues.

Was there ever an answer provided?

-Lance

I have been incredibly patient.

There has been an extensive exchange of information, I have done my best to make clear what the problem is, and tried to get EN-helpdesk to come up with an answer. No answer came. 

I do think there has been an incompatibility-problem between the various systems and software.

I updated, and all of a sudden that problem was gone. No apparent reason.

I got 35 credits for the trouble

Jo

• 9 months later...

I have been observing a similar problem - several of my notes get their "Date Updated" changed BUT I have NOT even touched them. Today morning I opened Evernote on my Mac, and saw 10 notes were updated. Evernote is supposed to help me remember things, BUT it confused the hell out of me... it does this lot of time. I am also a premium member for the last 3 years... and the support turn around is a major pain.

I feel Evernote is trying TO DO MANY THINGS NOW - and losing less obvious but critical capabilities. Sync dates and notes when modified are a crucial piece of metadata that Evernote keeps faulting on....

• 1 month later...

Guess what today I saw 9 or 10 notes change their Date Modified again, once more I had NOT even touched or opened any of these notes... I also know that I am not going to get a fix for this problem. I am almost certain that other users are going through this issue but they may be not observing this.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, another Dave said:

Notes that update themselves can be fixed by simplifying formatting, copying all text, converting the note to plain text, pasting, and simplifying the formatting, in that order.

How does this help with notes whose Modified Date changes?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, another Dave said:

Notes that update themselves (i.e., "notes whose Modified Date changes") can be fixed by simplifying formatting, copying all text, converting the note to plain text, pasting, and simplifying the formatting, in that order.

You seem to fixing a different problem than the one presented in this discussion

Once in a while, the "Modified Date" gets updated on a note.  No other changes; just the date
If we want to fix it, we can use the Win/Mac platforms and reset the date.

There's no explanation why the date got updated.  I'm sure these are not notes I even looked at

Archived