How to get evernot elephant icon into the menubar?

I have the same question, and I've wasted 30 minutes getting instructions in the forums that didn't help - and there is absolutely nothing useful in the program already on my laptop for getting the icon onto the toolbar.  It isn't listed in the menu of add-ons when I customized the toolbar, and I can't find it anywhere else. 

I bought a new Acer today so I have whatever the latest, shiniest new version of Windows is, and I'm on whatever the latest version of IE is.  I'm also getting pretty livid that a program automatically downloaded onto my laptop is so hard to get onto the toolbar.  What's the point of a clipper for articles if it isn't on the toolbar? 

It's installed and enabled.  It does not come up as an option when going to tools>customize. 

@Kamal: If your on a MAC 

1) "Evernote" menu on the menubar

2) "Preferences"

3) Check "Keep Evernote Helper running in the background when I quit Evernote"

4) Check "Show Elephant in Menubar"

5) Close Preferences pane

If you are on windows: EN needs to stay running for the icon to stay in the System Tray.  You can close the EN window with the red "X" close button but NOT via the "Files" "Exit (Ctrl+q))" menu entry.

@CCIrish: If you right click on the toolbar and choose "Customize..." does the EN Elephant not show up in the "Available toolbar buttons" column? 

If Yes Highlight it and click "Add->" (sounds like you might have tried this already though, if so see below) 

If no: I am not sure, maybe try reinstalling EN which would most likely reinstall the toolbar info? Make sure your notes are synced first.

• Level 5*

CCIrish,

Just to elaborate on JimKn's question above:

@CCIrish: If you right click on the toolbar and choose "Customize..." does the EN Elephant not show up in the "Available toolbar buttons" column?

Make sure when you right-click on the toolbar, you're right-clicking on the Command bar.  Also, after you select Customize, select Add or Remove Commands.  Let us know if Add to Evernote 5 shows up in either the Current toolbar buttons list or in the Available toolbar buttons list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@CCIrish, I have the same issue o a Mac running 10.9.5 and I have checked everything correctly as far as the settings, but my elephant icon is still not showing on the menu bar on my Mac.

"show elephant in menu bar"

"Start the evernone helper when I log in to my computer"

are both on.

@CCIrish, I have the same issue o a Mac running 10.9.5 and I have checked everything correctly as far as the settings, but my elephant icon is still not showing on the menu bar on my Mac.

"show elephant in menu bar"

"Start the evernone helper when I log in to my computer"

are both on.

Try going to:

Apple Menu | System Prefs | Users and Groups | Login Items Tab 

Make sure EvernoteHelper is listed and there is no checkmark in the box in front of it (Hide Column). Maybe also make sure there is no check in front of the regular Evernote in there as well.

Well, that seems to be the problem.  I can't find an EvernoteHelper on the Login items tab and don't know how to add it.  I searched for it on spotlight on my computer and it's not there.  Is this something that is downloaded separately?  I have recently removed the app and re-installed it from the Apple App store and it didn't make a difference.  I just noticed tha the version I have installed is different than the one available directly from Evernote.  I will try to install that version and let you know if that helped.  Thank you.

In Evernote, select in the menu bar:

Evernote>Preferences>General

and make sure to check (enable)

"Show Evernote Helper in the Menu Bar"

as well as:

"Keep Evernote Helper running in the background...."

and

"start the Evernote helper when I log into my computer"

If these are already checked, try un-checking them, then re-checking them to re-establish the setting.

• 5 months later...

I can't even get or see the option for installing the entire command bar in Google Chrome, or in IE 8 - I am exhausted just from trying to find the answer in the EverNote website, apps, whatever - I need someone to just help me...Thank you to whoever you are out there - ready and willing and able to help an old lady out - Sigh... ;)

• Level 5*

Hi.  I just answered the IE question in your other post - please just post the once - but as you're asking for a bit more information here...

The command bar / menu bar stuff is already part of Chrome / IE / Firefox,  whatever.  Right click the top of the screen or look for an options / preferences / tools menu as suggested above.  That'll put the bar into your window.  Then to get the Evernote icon in there,  you need to find the browser's extensions / add-ons page and search for Evernote.  Install the clipper from there...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Thanks!
在 2014/7/21 在 AM9點30分, JimKn說:

@Kamal: If your on a MAC 

1) "Evernote" menu on the menubar

2) "Preferences"

3) Check "Keep Evernote Helper running in the background when I quit Evernote"

4) Check "Show Elephant in Menubar"

5) Close Preferences pane

If you are on windows: EN needs to stay running for the icon to stay in the System Tray.  You can close the EN window with the red "X" close button but NOT via the "Files" "Exit (Ctrl+q))" menu entry.

If Yes Highlight it and click "Add->" (sounds like you might have tried this already though, if so see below) 

If no: I am not sure, maybe try reinstalling EN which would most likely reinstall the toolbar info? Make sure your notes are synced first.

Archived