Why do my text files NOT go into evernote windows ap, when I drop and drag them to a notebook?

I have windows 7, and the ever note ap there.

I have a Galaxy Tab pro 8.4 tablet.

I have txt files on my desktop and in windows folders that I have tried to drop and drag into one of 5 notebooks I created in evernote.  Yet not one of these text files seem to be moving or copying to the desigated notebook..

Can anyone tell me why?

Never mind.. ignore the post.. after going on line and reading more, I decided to remove this program..

It never worked very well from the start, is NOT an easy program to master, and well, from my point of view,

it looked good, but didn't do anything I wanted it to do and, its a BIG security risk. Nope..

• Level 5*

Sorry that you're giving up so quickly - after an initial short learning curve Evernote is a very easy way to capture information and share it between different devices,  and provided you observe normal internet safety precautions and don't actually share your own password with anyone it's considerably more secure than your email and a good many other online services.

Well....I do apologize!  I run a Mac and I did not think that was possible.  But, you learn something new everyday.  I just learned I can simply drag a file onto the EN icon in my tray and it will create a Note automatically.  Isn't that nice!

Thank you everyone for teaching me something new!

Has the OP's issue been corrected yet?  Why isn't the function working for him?

• Level 5*

Well....I do apologize!  I run a Mac and I did not think that was possible.  But, you learn something new everyday.  I just learned I can simply drag a file onto the EN icon in my tray and it will create a Note automatically.  Isn't that nice!

I think that MacWildStar has left the building.

I was unable to replicate the problem. I dragged a .txt file from a Windows Explorer window onto a notebook in the Evernote left panel. A new note was created in the notebook. One thing that may be confusing is that the note is created using the text of the dropped file (i..e., the .txt file is not an attachment, as it is with other file types, e.g. .mp3, .jpg, .doc, etc.), and the note title is the first line of the .txt file.

I think that MacWildStar has left the building.

I was unable to replicate the problem. I dragged a .txt file from a Windows Explorer window onto a notebook in the Evernote left panel. A new note was created in the notebook. One thing that may be confusing is that the note is created using the text of the dropped file (i..e., the .txt file is not an attachment, as it is with other file types, e.g. .mp3, .jpg, .doc, etc.), and the note title is the first line of the .txt file.

I noticed that as well.  For a text file, that is perfect as far as I am concerned.  I see it as 'text for text'.  

Well, if he has left the building, maybe he will revisit and get straightened out!

After playing with this for a couple minutes, I realized I had forgotten about this feature because I don't use it.  I have applescript doing most of my workflows, so I have not had the need to do this.  I use the quick note from my menu bar every so often for a 'quick Note'.  Voila!  However, in checking just now, dragging a file to the elephant head on the menu bar does not work (at least it did not for me).  The EN icon or a Notebook is sufficient. (if it is functioning)

Dragging and dropping one text file works as advertised above for me however apparently I'm doing something wrong because when I try dragging more than one text file to a notebook name, it creates one note with links to the files instead of importing them. :blink:

• Level 5*

Dragging and dropping one text file works as advertised above for me however apparently I'm doing something wrong because when I try dragging more than one text file to a notebook name, it creates one note with links to the files instead of importing them. :blink:

In the Windows client, this appears to create a single note with the text files as attachments; at least that's what I'm seeing.

Archived