iOS 7 Lost Notes Problem

I've uninstalled/reinstalled twice, with no improvement. All notebooks are missing, and are now also missing from my web-page also.

The notebooks still exist on my laptop so I turned off automatic sync on it lest the problem try to migrate to its version of the data.

Both Evernote v7 on my iPhone5 with iOS7, and the website, also show a corrupted display name with an extra "0" appended to it. And, the email-link for the iOS7 version differs from the laptop version, which makes no sense.

Logging out/in on the iPhone version also makes no difference.

I exported the notebooks on my laptop as a backup, but don't see any way to reimport them in the iOS version or the web, so I feel like I'm SOL.

I have just updated my evernote to os7 on my iPad and it is coming up with a synch error and only the lat item I entered this morning is there. I have masses of data I don't want to lose what do I do.

I have evernote on my laptop and iphone (which is not updated to os7) but I am scared to open them in case I lose my data.

How do you uninstall the app on iPad - if you hold finger on icon until it flashes it gives a warning all data will be lost which I don't want!

Heeeeeelp

• Level 5*

I have just updated my evernote to os7 on my iPad and it is coming up with a synch error and only the lat item I entered this morning is there. I have masses of data I don't want to lose what do I do.

I have evernote on my laptop and iphone (which is not updated to os7) but I am scared to open them in case I lose my data.

How do you uninstall the app on iPad - if you hold finger on icon until it flashes it gives a warning all data will be lost which I don't want!

Heeeeeelp

Hi. As jhull mentioned above, the best advice is to contact support. I have taken the liberty of starting a support ticket for you. You should have received an email from Evernote confirming the ticket, and a support staff member will contact you soon.

Thanks to all. I had no access to my notes after upgrading to an iPhone 5s. I deleted the Evernote app and reinstalled. All is well again!

One note: I had no idea how to uninstall an app on IOS 7. It turns out is is exactly the same as IOS 6: hold the icon till it gets an "x", then click the x.

Yep - same problem as most of you. Uninstalling the apps in my iPad and reinstalling it back recovered all of my notes that got lost after upgrading to IOS7. Thank you for your helpful suggestions and good luck to those who haven't solve their problem yet.

PS and fyi...  it appears there are some issues popping up with this new operating system. Concidentally, my apple account (___@me.com) on Outlook stopped sending emails (using my laptop) several days ago. In another forum of apple users, it turns out there are many others who experienced the same problem within the timeframe of the IOS7 upgrade announcement, most of which were resolved by changing the outgoing server settings.

"me too".  

Had Evernote on my iOS6 iPad.  THen I upgraded to iOS7 and installed the iOS7-specific version of Evernote.  When I launched it, it asked me for login & password (?? can't it transfer this from my previous installation?) and it shows my notebooks, but none of the notes.  Clicking 'sync' causes it to "sync" without any errors, but obviously no content comes down.

Just submitted a support ticket; i noticed in the attached log:

2013-10-01 08:26:29.128 [lvl=3] -[ENSyncEngine _performSynchronizationWithAuthRefresh:] TTransportException: Could not make HTTP request
  userInfo = {
    error = "Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 \"The Internet connection appears to be offline.\" UserInfo=0x166eefd0 {NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://www.evernote.com/shard/s128/notestore, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://www.evernote.com/shard/s128/notestore, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline., NSUnderlyingError=0x167229b0 \"The Internet connection appears to be offline.\"}";
}

I am most certainly NOT offline; my browser and all of that work fine.  I believe there is a bug in iOS7 for apps that switch between making HTTP and HTTPS requests where the network stack gets confused and it appears as if the user doesn't have an internet connection.  Maybe that is the problem here?  My iPad app had the same issue.  

Anyway doing a reinstall fixed the issue.

-Jeff

I just found that I have lost all my notes from Aug to Sep suddenly.   I was still updating some of them a few days ago.  I have an iPhone iOS7 and the new iPad running iOS6 latest.   I also have one Mac Mini and Windows 8 notebook.   Can somebody help and tell me what had happened?  I login to the web, I only see some of the empty notebooks.  No notes inside. :(  :(  :( :(  :(  

• 5 weeks later...

After upgrading, I found out that Notes had now two accounts: iCloud and Yahoo. Also, the default account was automatically set to Yahoo without me having changed anything in settings. Subsequently, every time I wrote a Note, it disappeared from my Yahoo after a couple of days. All previous Notes on iCloud are still available, How do I recover my Yahoo account Notes?

• Level 5*

After upgrading, I found out that Notes had now two accounts: iCloud and Yahoo. Also, the default account was automatically set to Yahoo without me having changed anything in settings. Subsequently, every time I wrote a Note, it disappeared from my Yahoo after a couple of days. All previous Notes on iCloud are still available, How do I recover my Yahoo account Notes?

Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is for Evernote users and, as far as I know, iCloud and Yahoo! services are not connected with it, so you'll probably be more likely to find the answers you are seeking on an Apple or Yahoo! forum.

I had a problem after upgrading to iOS7 that caused my iPhone 5 EN app to freeze up completely.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed the problem, but I was not able to sync to all of my notes in my account (i.e., those appearing on desktop app, iPad, etc.); the phone just would show me the notes created after the reinstall.  Another uninstall and reinstall fixed the problem.  I now have all of my notes appearing on my iPhone.

This just happened to me too, and the note that's missing was an extended outline of a law school memo due Wednesday! I just submitted a help ticket, but can't believe something like this would happen and be this common of an issue without a resolution. Isn't that why we use cloud-based services like Evernote?!

Evernote does not work on my desktop and the ap on iphone 4S is only getting some files. Nothing they said worked (eenstaled many times) finally they said evernote does not support those application? The web version is slow and not what i signed up for when i subscibed to evernote. Disapointed and i'm no longer telling everyone how great evernotes is. FROM HAPPY TO DISAPOINTED CUSTOMER.

Evernote does not work on my desktop and the ap on iphone 4S is only getting some files. Nothing they said worked (eenstaled many times) finally they said evernote does not support those application? The web version is slow and not what i signed up for when i subscibed to evernote. Disapointed and i'm no longer telling everyone how great evernotes is. FROM HAPPY TO DISAPOINTED CUSTOMER.

What do you mean by "they said evernote does not support those application?" What applications are you talking about?

What do you mean by "subscribed" to Evernote? Do you mean you paid for a premium account? If so, did it work correctly on your desktop & phone before?

I have the same problem. Hundreds of notes are missing on my iPad, and lately, on my iPhone also. They are available on my other platforms (Windows, Mac, web).

Today I removed the Evernote app from the iPad, restarted the device, power cycled the device, and re-installed over cable from iTunes on Mac.

It didn't help. 

I wonder if anything can be read out from the activity log, which I have sent to Evernote support on a few occasions. Its exported immediately after this re-install procedure. 

The activity log is attached. Or at least I tried to.

• 2 weeks later...

When you "updated" to iOS 7, did you update or restore? If you restored, did you set your phone up as new, or did you restore from backup?

I suppose you could try getting your notes back by connecting to the PC where you last backed up before you updated (your work PC in this case), and restoring from that backup. Connect your iPhone to PC, start iTunes, right click on the iPhone icon in the left-hand column, select "Restore from backup."

You will, however, lose any changes you made to your phone since you updated.

Or, you could try extracting your notes from your backup by using a program like iBackupbot. I haven't personally used it myself, but from what I understand, it should do what you need.

And from now on, sync your notes somewhere -- you can sync them to most email accounts, including gmail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

After upgrading, was missing most of notes and most of tags. Uninstalled (hold Evernote icon until it vibrates, click the "x"), reinstalled, and upon logging back in all the missing notes & tags successfully reappeared.

Note that during the missing notes/tags episode, all notes and tags were fine in older EN apps on other platforms and on Windows version.

Config where the problem happened: iPhone 5 + iOS 7.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived