(Archived) BUG?: Moving Notes from Business to Personal

• Level 5*

On Windows I moved four notes from a business notebook to a personal one. On Windows, there are now 0 notes in my business notebook. There are 4 in my personal one. This was the expected behavior.

After syncing everything, on OSX, iOS, and the Web I have 4 notes in both my personal and business notebooks. Is this a bug with Windows, or a bug with everyone else?

• Level 5*

Grumps, have you joined 'our' Business account?

Yes. That is where I did it. I deleted the notes there already. I'll move them out of the trash and into my notebook so I can see if you can see it.

OK. I moved them back into the notebook, synced, and then moved them out of it into my personal account using the Mac. The business notebook now reads 0 on every client. I assume this is a bug with Windows when you move notes out using that client, but maybe Windows is right and everyone else is wrong :)

• Level 5

I moved them back into the notebook, synced, and then moved them out of it into my personal account using the Mac. The business notebook now reads 0 on every client. I assume this is a bug with Windows when you move notes out using that client, but maybe Windows is right and everyone else is wrong :)

I am scratching my head wondering why the Evernote team did not catch this issue during development.

Seems quite fundamental to proper operation of the Business model.

• Level 5*

I moved them back into the notebook, synced, and then moved them out of it into my personal account using the Mac. The business notebook now reads 0 on every client. I assume this is a bug with Windows when you move notes out using that client, but maybe Windows is right and everyone else is wrong :)

I am scratching my head wondering why the Evernote team did not catch this issue during development.

Seems quite fundamental to proper operation of the Business model.

Should have had me in on the beta. Hahaha. Well, I'm here now :)

• Level 5*

Moving notes was added in 4.6.1.7752 Beta 2, we are currently at 4.6.1.7772 RC

Oh. Right. I was thinking about Business. As for the beta, I thought they were fixing a problem moving from personal to business. I didn't know there was an issue moving business to personal (until I tried today). I'll link in the beta thread to this one. Now that it looks like it is only a problem with Windows, the thread seems more appropriate for that.

Grumps have you shared your notebook to the Business Library? I can't see it....

I am confused by that statement Metrodon. Is this one of Grumpys shared notebooks your are talking about or is this something specifically that you guys and gals are working on?

Regards

Chris

Hi Metrodon,

That makes sense. Should have made me a 'Business Evangelist' with the amount of work I have put into the Business Software, reckon I could be useful !!!!

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Chris - this is a Business Account for Evangelists so we can test out and try and help out.

You can tell him the truth. This is "MetroMonkey," our business idea for an Evernote integration that adds random inspirational quote notes to your account along with the endangered Evernote ads we are working tirelessly to save from the anti-ad faction at Evernote who are trying to get rid of them :)

https://www.evernote.com/pub/mayochristopher/evernoteads

My notebook is there Metrodon. I can see it... You cannot see the search test notebook? Absence makes the heart grow fonder! A free, random quotation for you all. We'll talk about this amongst ourselves, then, and get it sorted out.

• Level 5*

Ah that one Grumpy,

I joined that one already!

Regards

Chris

Got any I've missed? My attempt to pull down Japanese ones off the server has failed so far. I bet Chinese and other language users have different ads I've never seen as well. Here is my call to arms :)

Yes, I have been following your exploits and agree that ads are an easy way to see what is happening.

I often click on 'Trunk' to have a peek at what I may have been missing.

Regards

Chris

Archived