(Archived) Premium vs Business

Can anyone tell me definitively what a user should do with his/her individual Premium account once the company has joined Evernote for Business? Once I've paid for the Business-level account for each user, I would think that each employee could terminate his/her individual-level Premium account and just take advantage of the offline-storage and size quotas that Business provides. Can't get anyone at Evernote to respond to this, though.

• Level 5

Most employed people have a need for personal storage and work storage. They don't want their personal stuff stored on their employer's account. So most users will continue to maintain their personal account (premium or free)

Definitive answer already supplied by Evernote:

https://evernote.com/business/

Related Notes and Results

Discover shared knowledge in Business Notebooks and your company's Business Library with Related Notes and Related Results. Every time you create a new note or search the web, Evernote will help you discover more by returning the most relevant content in both your personal account and your company's Evernote Business account.

Hi Jonathan. When a business offers employees Evernote Business, any of them who are Evernote Premium users should simply upgrade their accounts to Evernote Business. Their remaining Evernote Premium balance will be offered back to them as a code they can use in the future or give someone else (see the Business FAQ for users). With regards to personas, users will see both their personal and business content together in their own Evernote clients, but the business itself only has access to the content you've put into Business Notebooks. If you have other questions, you can contact Evernote Business' dedicated support using the number listed in your admin console, or contact the usual Evernote Support

Thank you both. btobin answered the question I was trying to articulate. As an example, I have a personal Evernote Premium account, am establishing an Evernote for Business account for my company, of which I am sole owner and de facto IT administrator, and wondered what to do with my own personal account, as well as what to tell my employees about their own personal accounts. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Thank you both. btobin answered the question I was trying to articulate. As an example, I have a personal Evernote Premium account, am establishing an Evernote for Business account for my company, of which I am sole owner and de facto IT administrator, and wondered what to do with my own personal account, as well as what to tell my employees about their own personal accounts. Thanks!

I had the same question. Here is another helpful answer.

• Level 5*

Just an FYI - it is all automatic. Just upgrade to business and they will get emails with their credits for their person premium account.

Archived