(Archived) HELP: Password being rejected [RESOLVED]

Rex

Idea

Is this a joke?

Am I on Candid Camera?

This can't be happening again.

Okay guys, please forgive me, but right now, I'm really pissed off.

I just upgraded to 3.1.1 on my iMac running Snow Leopard. I upgraded via the "update" link from within the app itself, and when it asked me for my username and password, lo and behold, I got the "incorrect username and password" error.

Again.

How many times this has occurred now, I have completely lost count, and I've sent my log file, twice, with no resolution.

Which brings me to my issue ...

Christ on a crutch, how hard can it be to get authentication right?

I mean, Unix has been doing it since what, the 1960's? What, exactly, is the malfunction in June of twenty freaking twelve?

Look, guys, it's simple:

a = password, b = text entered, if a = b then let Rex in so he can get some damn work done.

I just cannot fathom why I've been having log-in issues for three months. It simply boggles the mind.

Please, please, PLEASE , hire someone to fix the authentication issue. It shouldn't cost much to do. The person you hire doesn't need to be a good programmer, *****, you can probably hire a temp to do it. If it takes him more than 2 hours to complete, then you'll know he's milking you, and you can fire him and hire my cocker spaniel to fix it.

I'm not trying to be mean. I know that this programming stuff is hard. That being said, authentication is a base feature that has to work. It's the first thing that needs to work. Before all the bells and whistles, and text recognition and voice recognition, etc, etc, you have to make sure that people can log in the first time, every time. That has to be rock solid, for without it, nothing else matters. The cool stuff is irrelevant if people spend all day looking at a login screen.

Please, for the love of God in the heavens above ... for the sake of Hey Zeus, Joseph, Mary, and Moses, fix the login issue. Just fix it. Just march right in, sit down at the first development machine you can find, and fix it. Stop yammering on about this and that and sending log files and standing on our heads gargling peanut butter. Just fix it. Please.

It needs to be done and it's the right thing to do.

Thanks.

7 replies to this idea

Seems that there is a bug in the latest versions that cause issues with logging in.

It appears that a solution is to log in with your username in all lowercase, or update to the beta version.

Could you try with your Evernote username in all lower-case? 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 have a bug that disallows logging in with email addresses and capital letters. We've fixed this in 3.1.2 Beta 1 if you're on the beta track

Seems that there is a bug in the latest versions that cause issues with logging in.

It appears that a solution is to log in with your username in all lowercase, or update to the beta version.

Could you try with your Evernote username in all lower-case? 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 have a bug that disallows logging in with email addresses and capital letters. We've fixed this in 3.1.2 Beta 1 if you're on the beta track

http://discussion.ev...post__p__140226

It worked!

Oh thank the good lord it worked!

Bless you! Bless you, Sir!

In my book, you are officially the greatest human being to have ever walked the earth. As a matter of fact, my next child ... well, it's going to be named Scott. Even if it's a girl. That's how thrilled I am with your existence at this very moment.

With a single forum reply, you have restored my faith in both humanity and Evernote, which are these days, more or less the same thing.

If 18 years from now, you meet a smoking hot teenage chick named "Scott", hands off!

Otherwise, things could get kind of creepy. Egads, man, she's your namesake! Have you no shame?

Really, though, thanks for your help.

• Level 5*
With a single forum reply, you have restored my faith in both humanity and Evernote, which are these days, more or less the same thing.

Geez, you could throw the guy a "Like", ya know...

I have a friend of over 40 years who's younger sister's name is Scott. When the mother was pregnant for her, they already had two daughters. The father decided the third one will be named Scott, regardless of gender.

True story.

Archived