(Archived) HELP: Becoming increasingly frustrated with clipper

inourish

ok...I'm very new to evernote. I'm reading EVERYTHING and testing EVERYTHING. But seriously....webclipper is starting to give me the *****. I just can't get it to work.

For example:

I have a web page and I want to clip the entire page to add to my reading list. I click on the webclipper button on my toolbar....NOTHING...nothing happens. I right click on the screen and get a drop down list that says "Add to Evernote" and then i get the option to choose "clip this page, selection, url etc'..... I click 'clip this page'.....NOTHING....

I have tried having evernote open at the same time, having it closed, syncing, blah blah blah. Short of selecting text, copying it and then pasting it into a new note on Evernote, nothing works.... I want my webclipper!!!! Everyone says its so easy and I want EASY TOO!!!

I have Windows 7 and I use Mozilla......is there something I'm missing here??

• Level 5*

Does this happen on one specific web page, or is it on every page? Which version of Firefox are you using? Have you checked in the Evernote Web Clippers forum (http://discussion.evernote.com/forum/115-evernote-web-clippers/) to see whether other people have had the same problems as you, and it there are solutions? Have you filed a support request?

(Moving this thread to the Web Clippers forum)

• Level 5*

Sounds like you might have the web clipper set up to clip to web so you won't see your new notes until the next sync. Have look in ~Tools ~Add-ons ~Clipper ~Options and make sure you select Desktop for the destination. Also sync your notebook and check for those missing pages...

It happens on EVERY page i open. I am using the latest version of Firefox (just downloaded a week ago). Yes, I have checked the forum to see if someone else is having the same problem. I have no idea where to find a support request :)

ok Gazumped.... I have synced ..... several times..... and still nothing. I followed your instructions but there is no option to select the desktop as the destination. I have created a specific notebook for webclips and made it my default folder.....still nothing.

I'm thinking there may be something wrong with the add on itself. When I go into Add ons manager and select options for the Webclipper it comes up with this....

So I'm going to try removing it (again) and re-installing it.

It happens on EVERY page i open. I am using the latest version of Firefox (just downloaded a week ago). Yes, I have checked the forum to see if someone else is having the same problem. I have no idea where to find a support request :)

support.evernote.com (FYI for future problems, since it seems you solved this one.)

I have had evernote on mac, win, mobile devices, and i have had issued with webclipper in all of them!!! I have a new computer and put the webclipper bookmarklet on my toolbar, and it won't work with any website except evernote's webpage...it just shows a little # in the upper left corner... Very frustrating!!!

Archived