(Archived) HOWTO: Communicate changes to notes

mcc_prepress

Idea

I don't know if that topic has been convered before but here it goes...

At work we use Evernote to write all our work instructions and workflows. Some instructions are very long and complex.

We all use the same login and password.

So here is the question. In the event that a change is required in one of our instructions, is there a way to indicate or communicate to my teammates what is the modification that has been made and where it is located in the note.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

There is no automated method to this at the moment - best bet is probably a change log at the top of the note.

Especially with the user stating: "We all use the same login and password."

I hope the info is not sensitive or contains confidential material.

We seriously do not recommend this workflow.

We suggest instead that you purchase one premium account, and have that member share out the notebook to the other team members (can be free users) who will be editing. When you have multiple people accessing the same account, there is absolutely no way to track who has made what edits, or deletions.

• Level 5*

Coming.... <come on, you know the rest>

Cool - I thought it looked interesting and then it disappeared for 6 months. Glad it's still a work in progress.

We seriously do not recommend this workflow.

We suggest instead that you purchase one premium account, and have that member share out the notebook to the other team members (can be free users) who will be editing. When you have multiple people accessing the same account, there is absolutely no way to track who has made what edits, or deletions.

Is there a way to track who has made which edits to notes in shared notebooks? In my Note History for shared notes, I can't see who made the edits.

Archived