(Archived) Feature Request: Choose where cursor starts when creating

mrgoerend

Idea

I'd like to be able to choose where the cursor starts when creating a new note -- not a per-note basis, but for all notes. Maybe in the preferences.

I'd like the cursor to start in the note title spot, not in the body. I know not all people would want that, which is why I'd like it to be a preference.

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

On the Windows client, the title edit control is just an F-key away (F2). Not if there's an equivalent on the Mac. Hey metrodon, when you've finished baiting the Windows users, maybe you could oblige?? :-P

That's interesting - I hadn't realised there was a difference.

In the Windows version, New Note starts with the cursor in the note body.

In the Mac version, New Note starts with the cursor in the title field - and I often wish it was in the body when I'm trying to paste content in there before clipping and pasting a title.

I agree that an option - on BOTH versions - would be ideal. Perhaps in the same place that one can set default fonts etc....

• Level 5*
On the Windows client, the title edit control is just an F-key away (F2). Not if there's an equivalent on the Mac. Hey metrodon, when you've finished baiting the Windows users, maybe you could oblige?? :-P

Function Keys!!! Welcome to the early 90s :lol:

In the Mac version, New Note starts with the cursor in the title field - and I often wish it was in the body when I'm trying to paste content in there before clipping and pasting a title.

I agree that an option - on BOTH versions - would be ideal. Perhaps in the same place that one can set default fonts etc....

In full-screen mode on 3.0, it starts in the body for me.

• Level 5*
You have so much time to learn to forgive, waiting for your PC to start, to reboot, to virus scan, to patch etc etc :lol:

Hah, but I leave it on all the time; login is pretty much instantaneous (you might have heard of fast switching between accounts?). Updates are typically non-rebooting, and I never notice virus-scanning because it's scheduled at 2am. I guess that you could just say that it just works...

Archived