Looking for Evernote Alternatives

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I'm about at the last straw with Evernote.  I've been using it since 2010 and have been a paying customer for most of that time.  However, the ridiculous limits on the free version (so you can never stop paying), non-existent customer service, and no ability to get a refund have me ready to leave.  Business card scanning is a critical feature for me (something Evernote acquired in probably 2012) simply does not work and there is no information about a potential fix.

The most infuriating thing is the hoops you have to jump through (submitting logs, filling forms) to even HOPE to get an answer from a human and then you just get some nonsense copy/pasted.  Then you get ignored and the ticket is closed.  #3986085  is the most recent example for me.  

Is there a service I can export to?  I have 1000s of notes and don't really care about AI and the other useless features they're layering on, I just want notes, biz card scanning and it to work.

• Level 5

I have no general issue with BC scanning - apart from the fact that since the iPhone 14, the camera doesn’t focus any more when going close.

So it works, but at the same time it doesn’t.

The integration with LinkedIn has been removed after Microsoft took over. This has not been the initiative from EN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I remember when Linkedin was disconnected.  I use Android, so that may be the difference and it's very possible it's just me, but support is so bad I can't tell.  My app will take a picture but won't pull the info like it used to.  It just "spins" unless you cancel and just tell it to save a photo, which is borderline useless vs. using paper cards.  I've tried logging out, uninstalling, etc. to no avail.

Again, maybe this is resolvable, but I'll never know because support doesn't respond except via copy/paste, even though their Plans page promises you'll get your questions answered.  Refunds also don't work because you get downgraded to the inoperable Free plan.  I think I need a different service and would welcome recommendations in case any Evernote refugees are still lurking around here.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, evernote394762291 said:

I think I need a different service and would welcome recommendations in case any Evernote refugees are still lurking around here.

The last thing this forum needs is yet another Evernote alternatives thread.  If you search, you will find plenty to keep you reading for along time.

I actually did search and didn't see one responsive to my needs but my guess is you'll see more and more of this if Evernote doesn't get its act together. 

Since you looked and found one, is there a thread (or service) you'd recommend? 

Otherwise, any insights into the issues with Evernote I mentioned would be great. Thanks. 

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  Try this one - 

More listings here - https://noteapps.info  or https://toolfinder.co

As to Android scans,  my current version is 10.111.0 which has an automatic feature that works quite well and I can choose between documents, business cards and photos.  Android also has access to external free apps like Microsoft Lens and Adobe Scan both of which have a business card option.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, evernote394762291 said:

Since you looked and found one, is there a thread (or service) you'd recommend?

image.thumb.png.3f6701a4099d05b2c323a3784b6ae1ec.png

and Google search is better than the forum search.  It will pull in additional content from other sites.

There is no one best replacement.  It really depends on how you use Evernote and what your needs are.  There are numerous good alternatives out there but you will need to try them to determine what is important to you.

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I have no general issue with BC scanning - apart from the fact that since the iPhone 14, the camera doesn’t focus any more when going close.

So it works, but at the same time it doesn’t.

Yes - kind of works, but doesn't. Business card scanning works - but Evernote then auto-formats phone numbers in strange ways, so they can't be used (and it's not possible to correct them manually afterwards). 😒

5 hours ago, evernote394762291 said:

I actually did search and didn't see one responsive to my needs but my guess is you'll see more and more of this if Evernote doesn't get its act together. 

Go to Reddit - Evernote subreddit, and you will find many many good threads about alternative solutions. 

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The format is not strange - it is US format, and US format only.

There could more be said about BC scanning, but that’s not the topic of this thread.

I mean all other phone numbers are wrong. That's why it's like that.