Rename shortcut stopped working (F2)

Recently I noticed that F2 no longer works as a shortcut to change the note title (EN 10.105.4). It is still defined as a shortcut in the list of keyboard shortcuts (cannot be changed in the first place) but does nothing. I tried this on my laptop's keyboard with and with several external keyboards. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

• Level 5

In general all shortcuts can be overlayed by other apps installing itself over the function on OS level.

Because the app combination is individual, usually sorting it out is individual as well.

You can only check if other apps uses the same shortcut.

42 minutes ago, Rense said:

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Not working for me either. As a workaround, fortunately ctrl+Home is working at the moment, so crtrl+Home followed by up arrow at least takes me into the end of the  title and then shift + Home to select the text. Please raise it as an issue or at least send feedback.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

In general all shortcuts can be overlayed by other apps installing itself over the function on OS level.

Because the app combination is individual, usually sorting it out is individual as well.

You can only check if other apps uses the same shortcut.

You mean that some other application would have stolen F2 as a global shortcut? This seems highly unlikely to me, as F2 continues to work as usual in other apps (such as explorer). Just in EN, it does nothing.

• Like 1

Not working for me, either, and no amount of fiddling with the shortcut command edit options produces a shortcut that works for renaming. Any shortcut either does nothing or takes me to the top note in the notebook.

ETA: Windows 10.105.4

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you don’t answer to the emails you receive, the ticket will be closed.

In the lower part of the mails you receive from support is advise about hat they (believe to) need to proceed. Provide the information on answering.

I can understand that, following the Evenote policy, all the effort should be made to blame someone else. But, by the way, I always answer to the (few) emails I receive, but without any follows-up. And when you submit a ticket stating that you have a bug on the Windows app and the suggestions are to clear the cache and/or change the browser, plus asking for exactly the same info you submitted, the first impulse is to answer with very very bad words.

• Level 5

I didn’t tell you will receive an answer. My experience is that in most cases I don’t get it, but hopefully a fix is already in the making, and that’s why there is no answer.

The advise is that if you don’t answer the initial mail, the logic is that you found your solution in the linked documents, and the ticket is closed. Answering is the only chance (!) to get your ticket reviewed at all, and get by the virtual doorkeeper.

Currently I rank EN support 2/10, and 1 of it is due to the bugfix tracker. Or in other words: Support still sucks, but they have improved from a 0/10 evaluation they „earned“ a few months ago. Isn’t that something ….