EN is very slow on Ipad 9th - unusable

I have been using evernote for many years, (2011) and in last few weeks it has become so slow that I can no longer use the program to take notes. I will take mintues to load old notes, to start a new note, sometimes work and sometimes don't.  My notes are fine on a Mac computer but I can not use this for note-taking at work.   I have formatted the iPad- factory reset and reinstalled Evernote a couple of times and it still doesn't help.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I assume that the Ipad 9 is not too old  (2021). It has the most recent software for Evernote 10.101.5, IpadOS 17.6.1 

I have 226 notebooks and 7477 notes, which is a combination of typed notes, scanned documents and email attachments. 

• Level 5*

Clipping and note-taking are not necessarily an issue,  even without access to the app - I was using an old Android for a while that could not run Evernote 10,  but I found that 'sharing' clips and adding notes via email worked reasonably well.  Speed might be down to the age of the device - rumour has it that operators tend to give lower network priority to older devices,  and that's not something that Evernote can control...

• Level 5

The iOS client is currently pretty broken.

I tried reinstalling, and it helped a little. Update the client may help, we are at 10.103.0 already.

If nothing does the job, wait for another release is probably the best of the bad options remaining.

I have an 8th generation iPad and Evernote is basically unusable on it.

I have auto updates on so I assume I have the latest app. So am not sure if deleting and reinstalling will help at all. Has anyone had any luck trying this?

I turned offline access to one notebook off but it did not seem to help. The loading icon spins endlessly and opening notes takes 15s if not longer.

Bending Spoons Is there a problem with the App and if so is there a plan to make it better?

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, Tim998 said:

Bending Spoons Is there a problem with the App and if so is there a plan to make it better?

Hi.  Mainly user-supported forum here - try Evernote Support for more information...

Honestly, consider another program. 

If I want to add a sentence and a link to a note it was once 10sec to add it. It takes now 5 minutes.

When a whole company uses Evernote as an information repository and adding small stuff takes 30 times more, the company MUST migrate because it is a huge waste of time. 

• Level 5

Can't confirm the issue. We run EN among other devices on an iPad Pro 10.5 - it is several years older than the iPad 9. The 10.5 is running on an A10x chip, the iPad 9 on an A13 chip. EN is perfectly usable on the iPad Pro 10.5.

First aid might be to check the iPad memory. Flash storage should have at least 20GB of available memory. If below, the load balancing of the SSD will not work properly. And an iOS update can consume up to 10GB of free space, even if only temporarily.

If this is OK, but speed still an issue: Uninstall, dump all data when asked, then perform a FORCED restart.

Install again, log in, then let the app running a little to download the initial data.