• Level 5*

I haven’t seen this one in a long while.  In the past I’ve been able to remove ghost notes by first creating a new, temporary note and then merge the ghost note with it.  Then I could delete the merged note.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, fredhammersmith said:

Oh my god, I just checked. No. They came back!

You seem to have zombie notes 😀.  Per @PinkElephant if they show up on the web, then I’m out of ideas, but if only on a Windows or Mac client then an uninstall with Appcleaner or Revo to completely remove the app and local database should hopefully work.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, fredhammersmith said:

Indeed, just in the Windows client. They don't appear on the web client, neither on the Android client.

Uninstall huh? Again...

You could try signing out / not saving your data locally / powering off and back on as a slightly lesser evil... ;)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, fredhammersmith said:

Uninstall huh? Again...

As a first step try what @gazumped suggested but if that doesn't work it is uninstall time, yes again, unfortunately.  The import part is to use Appcleaner or Revo (whether Mac or PC) for the uninstall.  A typical uninstall will not remove everything.

• Level 5

Yes, these ghosts if only on desktop are a pretty clear sign that there is a corruption of the database.

Important is a clean uninstall AppCleaner/Revo, and after that a restart of the computer before installing again.

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to restore a note (whose attachment got wrecked by my work computer, see another thread). The Restore was working slow, so I hit Restore 4 or more times. 

I got a lot of restorations of the note.

I have now tried to delete them. Literally, I delete them, and they all come back a few seconds later. I tried waiting a few days and trying it again, but they keep coming back.

I tried adding some text to each note, then deleting them, but that didn't work either. 

Only in Windows, not the Web version.