Google Calendar syncing with EN Web but NOT EN desktop

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting this:

I have connected my work calendar, which is in a business Google Workspace, with Evernote. 

• My work calendar and EN Web are syncing just fine
  • My work calendar does not show up on EN Desktop
  • I've checked all the settings and I see no reason why EN Desktop and EN Web calendars are not syncing.
  • When I first set it up, EN Desktop calendar came up totally blank--not even grid lines. I quit then restarted EN and the calendar grid showed up but it was not populated with my work appointments.
  • I can create an appointment on my Google Calendar from within EN Desktop and I see it quickly on my Google Workspace calendar
  • Tried a "force reload"  (Option+help menu > Force reload) but that didn't show anything on my calendar in EN

So the calendars are connected to some extent but EN Desktop isn't fully syncing events to the calendar module in EN desktop.

I really want to get this working.

addendum: my google calendar is syncing to EN iPhone.

EN 10.100.3 for Mac OS
MacOS Sonoma 14.5

MacBookPro M1 2021 64GB 2TB SSD

Edited by snsokstan

I also reported this on a Evernote help ticket.

I got the automated reply that wants screen shots and my activity logs. The reply suggested I edit out any sensitive information. There are a dozen compressed files within the overall activity log I downloaded. 

Just one of the files has 35,000 lines.

Editing activity log files is an impossible task.

Now I am getting scads of google error messages in email for the account that isn't sharing calendar items with Evernote. I wish I knew how to troubleshoot this:

image.thumb.jpeg.443c205786b1f0825c08f9836295ef71.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4a5a53352f79cb268cd95c1d0ebcc4d7.jpeg

Here's a screenshot of the error message I am getting about hourly. Most of them only had the first line of the second box below ("cannot read properties...") but this latest one had two lines. Evernote on my iPhone still seems to syncing the calendar properly but the calendar on my MacBook app remains empty.

I wonder if there's some sort of permission problem.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d26b12c581663685ff84096f1628f44.jpeg

• Evernote Expert

So this is an error sent to you by Google regarding a Google script dealing with a calendar which you seemed to say was in an account that isn't connected to Evernote.

13 hours ago, snsokstan said:

Now I am getting scads of google error messages in email for the account that isn't sharing calendar items with Evernote.

Why do you think this is an Evernote error?

Is this calendar shared with the Google account that is connected to Evernote? If so, try unsharing that calendar with the linked account. Does that fix anything?

You may need to take this up with Google.

2nd @agsteele I don't think these errors are to do with Evernote as they use their own API connection on the backend to serve your calendar. You just connect them together with the authorisation.

Apps Script errors could possibly refer to a custom connection with Google Docs or Sheets?

@gazumped @agsteele@Jon/t  Thanks for the advice. I assumed the error notifications were related to EN.  When I went to do a Zoom meeting today, I found that the Zoom Scheduler had disconnected from my Google Calendar. I'll see if these error messages stop now that I've reauthorized the Zoom <> Google connection.

So I am back to square 1 on detecting why EN for iOS is syncing the calendar but EN for Mac is not.  Any other ideas?

2 minutes ago, snsokstan said:

Any other ideas?

Have you tried logging out and back in again? This has solved so many issues.

There was someone earlier with a Mac who disconnected Google, logged out, reinstalled and then added Google again. This worked for them. Bit of a process though.

Have you tried logging out and back in again? This has solved so many issues.

Yes, several times and also restarting the MacBook as well.  I've also done the Force Reload function.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparent solution at hand

I believe another connection was giving me the Google Script Error

The problem was Calendar settings:

• The 3dot ellipsis to the right of the  day-week-month selection box did NOT have my business EN address highlighted in blue. I clicked on that and voilà: I see my complete calendar.

MAGIC!

I don't know how I missed that step.

• Like 2

Which leads me to the last question:

I have my calendar set to start the week on Sunday. The grid looks fine but the month calendar square to the left of the grid still starts on Saturday.  (attached)

Is there a setting for that?

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 09.33.56.png

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I have my calendar settings starting on a Monday and the small calendar reflects that.  Maybe change your start day and save,  then change back?

@gazumped

I tried that and several other days. The small calendar always starts one day before the left-most column on the grid.  When I selected Monday, the the small calendar started on Sunday.

I am on 10.102.7 EN for Mac.

• Like 1