Imported .docx notes can not be deleted and inconsistent trash

Go to solution Solved by mackid1993,

Notes created by dragging .docx files into the tools->settings->importer, cannot be deleted. I get the notification that they are deleted, but they immediately return to my notebook. How can I get rid of them?

windows client 10.100.1

There is also a problem with the trash. Deleting the trash doesn't stick, at first it seems like it's emptied, but after a while it suddenly contains older notes again...

edit: rebuilding the database doesn't help

• Like 1

The trash in the web client stays empty as expected. So there seems to be some caching problem in the windows client 10.100.1 

This reminds me of a recent issue where moved notes wouldn't stick to the new notebook either...

• eric99 changed the title to Imported .docx notes can not be deleted and inconsistent trash

Is anyone else having this problem where the 'cleaned up' notes end up back in the trash after a while? These notes are not reachable (since they are removed completely).

windows client 10.100.1

Just out of curiosity as I'm testing a few things... save your recent logs, open them up and near the top you should see something about IsRentEnabaled... is it True or False?

My trash is OK and I'm false.

3 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Just out of curiosity as I'm testing a few things... save your recent logs, open them up and near the top you should see something about IsRentEnabaled... is it True or False?

isRentEnabled: true  (in the file CurrentUserData.txt )

How comes yours is false? I thought we all switched to Rent?

• Solution

I had rent enabled for sure, but now it seemed to have rolled back. @eric99 I would suggest wiping your local database and starting fresh, that will probably disable RENT for you. There must have been issues with the rollout. I guess Buggy Spoons didn't get things quite right the first time.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, eric99 said:

How comes yours is false? I thought we all switched to Rent?

Not fully rolled out yet. Going slow as it's a big change. If you get chance send in a support ticket with your logs attached and send me the ticket number. Might be able to flag it.

• Like 1

After Revo uninstall, everything  back to normal, Rent still enabled (just removing my database didn't help)

Apparently 10.100.1 either damages the existing local database or is incompatible with it.

• Like 1
Em 06/08/2024 at 12:20, Jon/t disse:

This has been happening to me for almost a month now. Notes that I deleted from the trash end up reappearing in it. My log file says: isRentEnabled: true

1 hour ago, Cristiano478 said:

This has been happening to me for almost a month now. Notes that I deleted from the trash end up reappearing in it. My log file says: isRentEnabled: true

Can you submit a support ticket and message me the ticket number. Include your logs and explain in as much detail as possible what's happening.