No possibilty to changing the adress e-mail

Hello,

I have a problem with my account. I have been an Evernote user for 3 years and so far I have not changed the email address to which I registered my account. The problem occurred when the e-mail address expired and I no longer had access to it (hosted by the provider - there is no way to recover it). Currently, the situation is that I am still logged in to the application on my computer, but I cannot log in to the WEB version to have access to the data and thus change the e-mail address. Additionally, the password I intentionally had saved in my password manager doesn't work, so I'm grounded. I have collected notes from the last 3 years on my account, and in fact I only have access to them because I haven't logged out of the application on my laptop yet. How can I change the email address on my account in this situation?

• Level 5*

Hi.  As a free user you have limited options.  If you subscribe - even if only for a month or two - you'll have access through any device and can change your email address via the web,  which is the only option.  Or you can wait for 2-3 weeks for your access to reset.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313338-Change-your-account-login-email-address

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/29144368461715-How-to-unlink-a-device

Thanks for respond @gazumped

I have had a premium subscription for 3 years. Currently, I am logged in on the computer and have access to the entire account, but unfortunately when I want to change the e-mail address from the application level, it redirects me to log in via the website and here there is a problem, because the e-mail address is no longer active and the password, for reasons unknown to me, is incorrect.

What is this reset about?

Have you tried going into settings in the Win/Mac app and clicking on personal info and then go to your profile?

Not sure if this just logs you in.

If not you'll need access to the old email address to change it and your password.

• Evernote Expert
22 minutes ago, lukasog said:

What is this reset about?

The purpose of this restriction is to protect your account and prevent someone resetting your password without your permission. As @Jon/t says, you will need access to the original Email in order to reset the password and to change the linked Email address. Your only solution, if you cannot recall the password, may be to wait until you subscription is coming to an end.  Export all your notebooks as ENEX files. Create a new account with your working EMail and a new password. Once you have paid your fees for the new account, import the notebooks into the new account and then close the old one.

Not the sophisticated answer (and, maybe expensive, depending on where you are in your Premium (Personal?) subscription)... You could export your Notebooks locally, create a new account with a current, valid email address, import the Notes previously exported and then when everything is sorted, cancel the old account.  If your three years of Notes are important I would at least get the export accomplished before your laptop has a hiccup and you lose all access.