For more than a week, I've left my laptop on day and night to sync my notes, but nothing has been synced, and Windows is very slow to open notes.

The support email at support-webform@evernote.com only sends general, computer-generated replies. No real person is handling my case.

What is going on?

If I want to start fresh, how can I use my notes on Windows as before? How can I do that? The web version is outdated, and I have everything on Windows, but it's not syncing.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Device and OS / Evernote version numbers? Are you logged into your account? Have you checked options to see whether "keep a copy of my notes on this device" is selected?  Are you downloading notes for offline access?

To start fresh - sign out of Evernote if it's active  / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data.  The new install is still initially a little slow - things get better after a few days.

Using Windows 11 as my operating system on an HP laptop. I have Evernote version 10.96.5, the latest one. Yes, I am logged in and keep a copy of my notes on the device. I do not have notes for offline.

Starting fresh is not an option because I have been using Windows for the past few weeks. If I switch to the web version, I will lose a bunch of updated notes.

If you haven't done it yet (I can't tell from your description), I think the first to do is to go to www.evernote.com and log into the web client,  The web client gives you the most direct view of what is on Evernote's servers.  Are all of your notes there?  If they are, then you can uninstall Evernote on your Windows PC using Revo Uninstaller and reinstall a fresh copy.  

If you check and report back, you might get some specific guidance on what to do.

Vinnie

as mentioned  

4 hours ago, pansovic said:

The web version is outdated, and I have everything on Windows, but it's not syncing.

I've had the web client and Windows open continuously for over a week and connected to wifi day and night. My most recent notes are on the Windows version, not the web client. The synchronization isn't working. I informed Evernote about this, but they stopped responding after their initial automated replies.

On the web version, I can no longer add files. I always receive an error message asking me to try again later. Meanwhile, the files get stored in a temporary folder. The Windows version has become extremely slow and is getting worse every day.

normal, standard connection using wifi from home, office, airports, hotels 

The latest update of today only gives me a blank sheet. It's going from bad to worse. 

On the web version I still cannot add files

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-19 093428.png

• Level 5

To me it looks as if you have a seriously damaged local database.

Quit the app. Now use Revo Uninstaller to remove all parts of the EN install from your PC. The regular uninstaller is NOT up to the job !

Restart the PC. Install EN again, open, log in.

Showing now ?

Hint: If you have unsynced content in the Windows app, it will be lost through this procedure. Everything that's on the server (web client) should be safe and will download when you install fresh.

That's not an option. I cannot lose the data on Windows. I have unsynced data for two weeks. It would literally mean two weeks of work doing all over again with a loss of information involved with files I no longer have access to because they were saved in Evernote.

By the way, I used the Revo Uninstaller two weeks ago and then ended up with this huge problem.

There is clearly a sync problem with Evernote.

• Level 5

You will not be able to solve the problem by any other method, up to my knowledge.

You just end up piling more unsynced stuff in your Windows installation, which does not help to solve anything.

If you want to preserve unsynced content, you can try to export it one by one - which AFAIK does not work with unsynced content. Or you can try to print it, save it to the drive, whatever.

That's the final advise from my side. Follow it or skip it. Your next best (maybe, not sure) option is to try EN support. I doubt they will tell you anything different, if you get beyond the "canned response" level in the support games arena.