Home button not responding

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Since upgrading to Evernote 10.95.4 (on Mac OS 13.6.7), the Home button doesn't respond - i.e. I cannot access Home.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Level 5*

According to the website 10.94.3 is the latest version.  I'd suggest you uninstall your current app with Appcleaner and re-download/ reinstall.

2 hours ago, perthhutch said:

Since upgrading to Evernote 10.95.4 (on Mac OS 13.6.7), the Home button doesn't respond - i.e. I cannot access Home.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I have similar problems with V10 95.4, with HOME but also with clicking various other notebooks or notebook stacks in the sidebar menu, but very random ... some work, some not.

I forced a reload (main menu -> troubleshooting) and then it worked for a while, but doesn't be stable.

• Level 5
  • Solution

The release you are referring to has been withdrawn, because it showed to be buggy.

You can either try to endure it, or you need to roll back. To roll back effectively you need to purge the existing install, using AppCleaner.

Then restart the Mac, and install fresh from the EN website. It should install a 10.94 in exchange for the buggy 10.95.

• Level 5

There is nothing impressive here - an update that has damaged the database on users devices is a no go.

Rushing the next update in 48 hours means hot fixing, probably again without any QA. At least the timeline speaks against it.

I would be impressed if they told us now no more updates for the next weeks - to do a systemic analysis of what went wrong, and how to improve the own processes to make a repetition unlikely.

Why do I feel I won’t get impressed … ?