Thank you great improvements keep it going

Hi

I just wanted to take a minute and highlight some of the positive changes and i hope the developer team sees this can take this as a signal. Like many here i've been a long time Evernote user, very long, and i remember my first ever snippet upload. For the past 5-8 years i've been frustrated with the direction of the product, lack of stability, bloat, confusing and unnecceary features, overloaded interface, clutter...etc. And every 3-4 months i look for alternatives 

With the latest updates in the last month or two, my experience has significantly changed. I feel finally feedback is being taken into consideration. Please continue to be closer to your customers and understand what they want and less shipping the org chart. I realize this isn't something within a team's control always because of how companies work but i hope it can be considred. 

Here is some of the improvements that have been massively welcomed:

• The new interface is beautiful, everything from the layout, hierarchy of tools, alignment, margins, font rending....etc has been significantly upleveled
  • Finally have some core note organization and navigation tools like properly coded headers and the ability to generate a table of content from the headers as well as collapse them! 
  • The search and note load time have been signficitantly improved! Leading up to this major update was a series of slower and slower loads both on mobile and desktop, very nice to see this improved on both
  • There is a great balance between core note taking, overall orginzation, and project management features. I hope this continues to evolve in a coherent manner
  • Like 6

I think i spoke too soon

I just restarted only to see this monstrosity .....

https://filebin.net/84yqbbnsl187r0l3/Screenshot_2024-06-01_at_6.10.59_AM.png

In the verion just priort it was a neat note and task next to each other each sized appropriately, but yeah let's shove events in bold annoying color that doesn't fit the scheme and takes up more space in front of everyone

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
36 minutes ago, Kuharido said:

I think i spoke too soon

In the verion just priort it was a neat note and task next to each other each sized appropriately, but yeah let's shove events in bold annoying color that doesn't fit the scheme and takes up more space in front of everyone

I think the problem generally lies in that nobody at Bending Spoons is really using Evernote in their daily life. So development (both functionality and layout design) mostly follows what feels "refreshing" and trendy, and not so much what's best in real life situations.

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, Kuharido said:

LOL - so much for praise and gratitude! 

- I'll agree it was a smack in the eye to me too when I booted up today;  no idea what or why the change - Evernote seem to like trying out new things to see how they are received.  They do listen to feedback though,  so by all means give them your reaction (we're mainly other users here) via feedback@evernote.com or see   https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us

2 hours ago, Kuharido said:

I think i spoke too soon

I've had this in my account since yesterday...

I don't even get excited about it anymore. I don't use Tasks or Events...

I don't need to look at it...

Even so, I work less and less in Evernote.

34 minutes ago, ferol said:

I've had this in my account since yesterday...

I don't even get excited about it anymore. I don't use Tasks or Events...

I don't need to look at it...

Even so, I work less and less in Evernote.

Evernote tasks feature is important to me. Probably the only reason why i'm still here. But the button is far too big and disturbing.

Event button is even worse. Extremely distracting to have this alerting orange color in the corner of my eyes when trying to concentrate and working on notes. And especially because it's totally unnecessary or even misleading, as I have Google calendar connected 😵‍💫

• Like 1
1 hour ago, janndk said:

Evernote tasks feature is important to me. Probably the only reason why i'm still here. But the button is far too big and disturbing.

Event button is even worse. Extremely distracting to have this alerting orange color in the corner of my eyes when trying to concentrate and working on notes. And especially because it's totally unnecessary or even misleading, as I have Google calendar connected 😵‍💫

I use the calendar and Tasks elsewhere. Better said, I never got used to using any system with Tasks. I only have simple reminders in the calendar and appointments written down.

So I can't judge whether other competitive systems have Tasks and calendar integration better than Evernote. I have not tested this functionality anywhere. I know it's possible in Obsidian and people use it a lot. But whether it is well implemented I don't know.

Yeah i agree with a sense of it doesn't seem like they are understanding how people are using it and their needs, i think there is more emphasis on feature promotion by any means. n the last few months that new button creatino area have changed in shape, size, content, color and functionality in more ways that i can count, despite it being a core functionality that should be more respected, iterated only slowly, and only after proving there is usage of these new features.

• Like 3
On 6/1/2024 at 12:15 PM, Kuharido said:

I think i spoke too soon

To be fair, this version is better for me. Shows nicely 3 main things, only would be better if when you press 3 dots pop under option returns back when you move from 3 dots.

But for buttons, i would expect they did A/B/C testing with audience and this one won :)

26 minutes ago, Frki2 said:

To be fair, this version is better for me. Shows nicely 3 main things, only would be better if when you press 3 dots pop under option returns back when you move from 3 dots.

But for buttons, i would expect they did A/B/C testing with audience and this one won :)

At first I was like woah, but as they add 2 way calendar I think this will be useful and the colors are starting to grow on me.

• Like 1
On 6/1/2024 at 1:15 PM, Kuharido said:

I think i spoke too soon

Is there a reason to post png file on web and share here?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Whilst its fun to have a group gripe,  feeding back to the company is the fastest way to let them know you're not impressed.  They might be just testing out someone's bright idea,  or a user may even have suggested this would be better for their workflow.  Time will tell...

• Like 1