Evernote Support

Idea

Am I missing something when it comes to identifying and reporting issues with the Evernote suite. There seems to be a capacity to log issues via these forums but no input from Evernote support.

I have been spoilt in the past with a previous app where was able to report and share issues with fellow users and get solutions but also the developer would provide input and recognise and confirm issues and I would at least know that my problem had been recognised and the developer was actually working on a solution.
With Evernote there seems to be nothing.
When I report a bug to Evernote how do I know that it has been recognised and they are working on a solution. I have seen bugs that have been recorded by multiple users for more than 12 months and at the same time updates to the app on almost a weekly basis. It is almost like the developers are obsessed with creating new features rather than fixing existing ones.
Having a voice is useless if nobody is listening.

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Support is AFAWK not present in the forum - it’s user 2 user.

For support issue a ticket (and don’t expect anything fast or beyond some text blocks).

For feature requests use the feedback function in the clients.

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Support is AFAWK not present in the forum - it’s user 2 user.

For support issue a ticket (and don’t expect anything fast or beyond some text blocks).

For feature requests use the feedback function in the clients.

There is no technical reason why the developers cannot respond directly. At least we would know that our issues have either been recognised or dismissed. 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, grahamprothero said:

There is no technical reason why the developers cannot respond directly

The reason is probably cost.  I agree it would be nice to have more visibility on bug fix status.

I would imagine that their existing in house bug reports would reduce if they recognised the issues on the forums. So more of a transfer of existing resources. Rather than extra. 

5 minutes ago, grahamprothero said:

I would imagine that their existing in house bug reports would reduce if they recognised the issues on the forums. So more of a transfer of existing resources. Rather than extra. 

This is assuming that they put any effort /resources into their support in the first place. Because it's invisible we will never know. 

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, grahamprothero said:

Because it's invisible we will never know.

There have been some satisfied responses from the forums here that individual issues have been resolved,  and the frequency of bug-fix updates suggests that staff are working on issues reported to them.  Their priorities may not satisfy your individual preferences,  but its clear that work is being done...

• Level 5

In general I would not have devs answer to customers in a setup like EN. You need solid instruments to split issues of general interest from special issues, and from user pet projects.

This said, support needs to function. And this is determined by the quality of the answer, the problem solution and the speed. My feeling is that this all „leaves room for improvement“.

I do not expect devs to babysit it's users through every little issue that users have. (this is the place for the forum) But to leave them hanging for months on end without even knowing if their problem is even recognised let alone being worked on is so wrong. Most of us pay good money for this product it's a shame the support doesn't match it.
  • Like 1