Move Teams Account to Private account

I have a private Evernote account and a Teams Evernote account. I would like to transfer the 13,000 notes from my Teams account to my private account and then delete the Teams account. Could you please guide me on how to do this?

• Level 5

Export as ENEX from Teams, each notebook 1 export file.

Import into the private account*

Check that the import has worked

Get the Teams account deleted.

Hint: if you are a bit tech savvy, you could use the GitHub project for the export. Else use the build in notebook export.

(*) The import will cause uploads. These will use your upload quota. If you exceed your quota, you need to wait for 30 days, until the quota resets. Import active notebooks first. Probably wait with deleting the Teams account until all imports are done.

I have all my notes stored in a single notebook. Unfortunately, I can only export 100 notes at a time. I must create 132 separate enex files to export all my notes. The size of the exb file is 101GB, so it would take me about 5 months (with a quota of 20GB per month) to transfer everything. Is there a simpler solution available?

• Evernote Expert

You can export the notebook as a single ENEX file from within the notebook window but it will probably fail because of the size of the upload.

I would try the ENEX export for the notebook and see what size the ENEX is before giving up. EXB files were the internal storage for the old Legacy app so not a v10 thing.

Exporting the first 100 notes results in an enex file sized at 1.9 GB. Since there are 13,000 notes in total, this implies that I would have to generate 130 enex files, each containing 100 notes. In total, this amounts to 247 GB of data. Considering my monthly allowance of 20 GB, it would take me approximately 12 months to transfer all the notes.

Are there any other alternatives available?

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, pansovic said:

Are there any other alternatives available?

I don't believe so - whatever method you use,  you need to move your notes if you plan to close the Teams account down.  But moving the content will impact the upload limit of your personal account.  If you truly have a 247GB account you'd need more than a year's worth of imports - one per month - to transfer the data across.

I'd suggest you contact Support (and exercise extreme patience...) to see whether you could downgrade the Teams account to Personal and maybe merge your accounts together?  Beware that the usual tactic of downgrading to 'free' doesn't (AFAIK) work with Teams accounts - they're not typically owned by one person,  they're a corporate account,  so non-payment typically shuts access to the account down completely.

3 hours ago, agsteele said:

EXB files were the internal storage for the old Legacy app so not a v10 thing.

and how is called the file with the V10 version? Is there a way that I can download all my data on an external drive like I did before with exb? 

• Level 5

First you can export any notebook, any size. It won’t help much if the ENEX file grows too large to import.

But there is help: The ENEX export can split itself automatically into segmented files of a certain size each, for example 2GB. This way you can export a large notebook, and still get files that can be handled.

Personally I doubt that you really have 250GB, although it’s not impossible. To see the size of your database, look up the location of your local folder in EN app settings. When you open it in Explorer / Finder, you see how much data is used by it.

There is no way around importing the files. Yes, this will take a while.

Inofficial hint: Another user contacted support. They tried to help, and raised his upload limit for one month, so he could move all of his data in one go. No guarantees, and support is currently very slow to respond. But it’s worth a try, I think.

• Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, pansovic said:

and how is called the file with the V10 version? Is there a way that I can download all my data on an external drive like I did before with exb? 

v10 stores and handles data in a completely different manner. There is no single data file. As @PinkElephant suggests, export your notebook in a series of ENEX files that are less than the monthly limit.