scansnap manager evernote edition is not scanning as pdf after Evernote software upgrade , how can I fix it?

scansnap manager evernote edition is not scanning as pdf  after Evernote software upgrade , how can I fix it?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure that Scansnap is supported any more - have you tried the other similar apps on the market from Microsoft or Adobe?

• Evernote Expert

It is the ScanSnap Evernote Edition that is no longer supported. Fujitsu/ScanSnap announced several years ago that the devices needed to be updated to work with newer software. The firmware update was available for a couple of years but ScanSnap withdrew it last year.

If you can track down the firmware update then the new ScanSnap software will link to Evernote. Otherwise I'm not sure that there is much hope.

• Level 5

Don't know why Fujitsu terminated the availability of the conversion software. I saved the download software and instructions in a note. Here is the link:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s747/sh/b4e456be-7dcb-4fa1-b278-9a2da95df384/KmBVIxw5syrzkwn0N_zu32QmooSuTYApCthWiwyVYiL2lAIfoamCchHPPA

It worked for some fellow users already who were in the same situation. However I post this "as it is", use it at your own risk. Worst case the scanner will be bricked (which is not worse than without the conversion, just permanent). Make sure it has electricity during the whole process. If available, plug it into a UPS. Loss of power (even short) is the biggest risk when updating firmware.

The link will be available for 10 days only !

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

The link will be available for 10 days only !

Could you check the link, please? I get an error trying to open it…