Printing Broken? 10.86.5 on MacOS Ventura?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Ok. Yeah... we're not supposed to print.
But I need hard copies of stuff.

yesterday it worked. 
Today, it fails from both Intel and M-series macs running Ventura (current). 

Go to print a page. Long lag to the dialog box, then it won't move past PREVIEW - either with the printer selected or "Export a PDF"

No other changes other than the most recent Evernote forced update. 

Am I missing something?

• Like 2

It's a bug. In more settings in the print box use the system printing. Can't remember what it's called as I'm on the train. You don't get a preview but you can print. Hopefully fixed in the next update. 

Thank you for post. Just upgraded and printing and export hang on "preview". It worked well one day and gone. EN works when you can print and export.

• Like 1

Thanks Jon/t - 
Noticed the printer had a firmware update which I implemented (Canon) but that changed nothing. 
Further info: The keyboard equivalent (Command - P) does nothing on the page (again - all of this is within the app).

Needless current workaround:
> three-dot-menu in upper corner
> Choose print with a mouse click
> Watch Preview hang
> Open "More Settings"
> Open "Print using system dialog..."
It... uh... "prints" but the formatting is pretty poor - cutting off lines at the bottom and not printing them on the next page. 

Ahhhh... good. 
Just checked and the v10.86.8 patch has fixed this core issue.

Printing appears to be working as it used to - i.e. "functioning" with decent/usable layout - and PDF export seems to be back on line. I can even get printing to work with a COMMAND-P keyboard action...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2024 at 6:56 AM, Jon/t said:

It's a bug. In more settings in the print box use the system printing. Can't remember what it's called as I'm on the train. You don't get a preview but you can print. Hopefully fixed in the next update. 

Just discovered I now can't print a note as it should, but this work around sorted it for me. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It’s no workaround, it’s an official option available to all. Maybe a bit hidden, but that’s a question of the system print dialogue that’s behind it.