Tasks Note Corruption - Task Zap Alert

I could see all my tasks in the Tasks view however the "Things to do" note appeared to have only two tasks in it on both Android and in Windows.

image.png.a5f83a81a171779eb337a7fd50d3c8ea.png

However, in note overview it showed the first few tasks and the correct number of tasks.

image.png.91bd3e18ed9ce202e218087a85325f0b.png

This was a corruption issue, as I found out when I tried to modify the task note from within the task note (I marked one of the two tasks as complete) and it made the tasks list look exactly like the tasks note - i.e. 1 uncompleted task, simultaneously wiping out all of my tasks from my tasks list.

Fortunately I was able to roll back the original note to a few minutes earlier using Note history.  Although for some reason the due dates were wrong after this recovery, I was able to get the tasks back to how they should have been.  What I should have done was make a copy of the tasks note before experimenting.  After having recovered from this issue, I made a copy of the now-restored tasks note and the corruption issue was gone, all the tasks were showing correctly in both the "Note" view and the "Tasks" view. I tried several different ways to validate that the tasks were restored properly, including making a copy of the tasks note on my phone in airplane mode before it synced with the server.

So, simply put, if your tasks note appears empty when you open it, do NOT try to make any changes inside the tasks note.  The best thing to do is to make a copy, delete the original, and rename the copy to what the original was before you deleted it.

The big question is - how did the corruption happen and why did it not stop the tasks function from working when accessing the tasks from the Tasks view?

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Barry Graham said:

The big question is - how did the corruption happen

Hi.  No clue - we're mainly other users here,  so this is (yet another) Support issue - they're very busy,  so please be patient for a reply.

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Barry Graham said:

Does support look at these?

I think all Evernote support staff got fired when Bending Spoons took over.

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, Barry Graham said:

Does support look at these?

No. They are too busy trying to handle the direct support requests.

On 5/15/2024 at 3:11 AM, agsteele said:

No. They are too busy trying to handle the direct support requests.

Even if I opened up a support case, I don't know if they would be able to help - they never have before and this would be harder in that I recreated the note so the issue is gone.

I had this issue. When I exported the note as an enex file and opened the enex file in a text editor all the tasks were there, even though they weren't displayin EN. Exporting as html also displayed the tasks. In the end I just imported the enex file and that seems to have fixed it.

uploading enex files to a notebook is causing a 'untitled image' issue , the images seem to appear , but after a few minutes they all appear as 'untitled attachments' 

also merge of notes causes this as well..

image - 2024-05-19T173002.643.png

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, dannydu said:

uploading enx files to a notebook is causing a 'untitled image' issue , the images seem to appear , but after a few minutes they all appear as 'untitled attachments' 

also merge of notes causes this as well..

I'd suspect the import of new elements that - presumably - integrate with other system features like task management and thumbnails, requires some processing time - possibly on the server - before they're fully available in the note.  Although I've had some 'untitled' experiences,  they've all sorted themselves out after a while.

18 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'd suspect the import of new elements that - presumably - integrate with other system features like task management and thumbnails, requires some processing time - possibly on the server - before they're fully available in the note.  Although I've had some 'untitled' experiences,  they've all sorted themselves out after a while.

thanks , this time I have been waiting days , still in 'untitled' mode .. a lot of issues since the 'files' update . spinning images which got fixed but caused massive disruption , to issues with merging notes and uploading enex files which cause this issue .. worrying ..

to much of 'innovations' at one go ..

• Like 1