Tasks with "Note unavailable"

Hello all,

I have several tasks that are stuck, I can't change them in any manner and they do not show up in iOS app and do randomly on the web app. I assume this note was deleted and the tasks are now orphaned. I've tried logging out and remove data and uninstall\reinstall.  Any ideas how to remove these tasks would be much appreciated.

* EN 10.86.4 Desktop
* Windows 11

image.thumb.png.01536c4958ce0c566e79734d96e10308.png

• Like 1
On 4/26/2024 at 12:52 PM, Mark Dry said:

several tasks that are stuck

Can't help but I have one on the Mac as well.  In addition to many other things, I tried rewording the task, which got me an error message but did not move things along (or change the task).  In my case, the task was complete.

Added 2024-04-28: Completed undeletable task also showing in web client.

On 26/4/2024 at 18:52, Mark Dry dijo:

Hello all,

I have several tasks that are stuck, I can't change them in any manner and they do not show up in iOS app and do randomly on the web app. I assume this note was deleted and the tasks are now orphaned. I've tried logging out and remove data and uninstall\reinstall.  Any ideas how to remove these tasks would be much appreciated.

* EN 10.86.4 Desktop
* Windows 11

image.thumb.png.01536c4958ce0c566e79734d96e10308.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same trouble, tasks that were completed a long while ago are suddenly reappearing and cant' be deleted. I am a long time Evernote Professional subscriber. I have repeatedly signed out, uninstalled, reinstalled etc, with no resolution.   Any suggestions?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Tanzi said:

Any suggestions?

On 4/29/2024 at 4:31 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  We're mainly other users here... contact the company via feedback@evernote.com or Support.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, John C Nab said:

FYI - My support ticket was submitted one week ago. No response yet. Frustrating!

I'd be astonished if you got a response that quickly - they've been running very slow on anything that's not authentication or payment issues for weeks.  It may be getting slowly better,  but much patience is still required...

en-image.thumb.png.a9cbcb91d167133cbe030fb7c6f70482.png

It seems that Evernote support is now finally closed. There is an AI collecting bug reports, and sorting what to forward to the development team and what to ignore. You don't get any real response - just an automated text telling you that your rapport is received.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, janndk said:

You don't get any real response

Well 1)  I'd say this is a real response,  and 2) "to help us route and respond to your enquiry" sounds like you'll get more later. 

This is actually the first practical sign we've had that Evernote is actively attacking the waiting times in Support,  and I'd say if they're finding ways to deal with routine stuff quickly,  route the development queries direct to the right team,  and maybe even give you a live human to talk to if you fall somewhere in the middle,  that's all positive stuff.  We've been winging that Support is too slow for a while - we can't dictate what methods they use to make it faster...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mark Dry said:

I hope so, I submitted a support request after making this post and no word on a solution yet.

I have support requests made 5 months ago - but still not answered/fixed 😕😞

Back to the original topic of issues with tasks...

In some older posts, folks had some success by changing the default task folder.  Maybe try that? 

Vinnie

I am not able to change the default task folder. I did change the default task note, nothing changed. Still have over 400 tasks with 'note unavailable' clogging my task list up!

Well, the idea was a  long shot...    Another long shot: after changing the default task note, have you signed out of Evernote and signed back in? (By sign oust, I mean File/sign out.)

Vinnie