Attchments Not Attaching

WIth the latest update - I"m unable to add an attachment to a note.  It give me an error message saying it saved teh file to the device but not the note, "try again".

I've restarted the windows applicaion and restarted the computer.  I've also tried different types of attachments and have saved items to the computer, renamed and tried to attach again, same error message.

Also discovered that the Android version attaches PDF files just fine, but when I try to open them with Windows Application, the error occurs and the attachment is essentially changed and unreadable.  Very odd.

Any ideas here?

• Level 5*

Try deleting your local database/ uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller,  and powering off and on again before a reinstall.  That will remove all traces of your currrent setup and give you a fresh start.  Things will be slow for a day or two while everything gets set up again in the background,  but you should find things get back to normal.  If that's not the case,  please confirm your device and OS/ Evernote version numbers and we'll re-think this...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, KCour2006 said:

Uninstalling completely didn't work, it still has issues with attachments.  Now it affects Windows and Andvoid devices.

Hmmn.  Sorry for that - do you use 'share' in Android to send a file to your database?  Have you tried emailing attachments to your account?

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347-Save-emails-into-Evernote

I don't email myself anything. I usually attach pictures of documents, on my phone or attach PDFs and such via windows device. 

I'm having trouble with both which makes me think it's not an application issue but a server side issue. But who knows. 

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, KCour2006 said:

I don't email myself anything.

Not suggesting that you should,  but it is possible to attach additional content to a note by sending an email to your unique Evernote account address...

Thanks Gazumped, but thats a work around to what should be a regular working process. And it used to work, but now seems broken. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, thefryhole said:

Another user is reporting that emails sent to their EN account aren't getting through

So that makes 3 people with a possible issue.  Not exactly a catastrophic failure in the email system - which can be a tad temperamental at the best of times.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

Not sure if this still works the same way as it did. But there was one mail server attached to a number of accounts. So for every 10 or 20 accounts one mail server handled the email traffic, in and out. If this server went down for whatever reason, only these accounts were having email problems. All others were not affected.

This may explain why a) usually it is a small number of complains and b) it usually corrects itself when the server supervision detects the exception, and restarts the mail server. What can happen (depending on the type of outage) is that content still on the blocked server is lost in the restart.