Professional Upgrade Issue

I recently decided to upgrade to Professional from the Personal plan.  Evernote recommended me do this through my iOS device.  After I paid around $180 (including taxes), my account never reflected the upgrade.  I did some troubleshooting, such as logging off and on both my devices and Evernote.  Nothing worked.  I created a ticket and was contacted by one of their customer service reps.  Long story short, she canceled my personal subscription and gave me a 100% discount code link.  I went to use the link, but it won't take any forms of payment.  Now I'm without any subscription.  I've reached out several times, but no response.  It's frustrating because I love the services provided, but I can't even use it anymore without upgrading again.  I'm not paying more money for something I can't use.  Does anyone know any different ways to contact Customer Service, other than creating a ticket and waiting???

• Level 5*

Did you pay through iTunes for the upgrade?  If so,  I'm surprised Evernote was willing/ able to refund you.  If you did pay that way I'd suggest you contact iTunes to see whether they can help.

Try and get a refund from Apple. Then purchase directly from Evernote. I don't suggest paying for any services through App Stores as they take a 30% cut and while this doesn't apply to Evernote you'll find that some services such as Netflix and YouTube Premium cost more when purchased through an App Store due to that commission.

• Level 5

Most of my subscriptions are handled through the Apple AppStore. I have an overview over my cost, managing subscriptions is super easy and don’t need to care about handling means of payment with every single provider. Works for me.

This said if a subscription was paid through Apple, and the developer doesn’t honor it, you need to talk to Apple Support (yes „talk“, opposite to the disaster EN calls a customer support you actually can talk to Apple). Usually they will refund you.

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Most of my subscriptions are handled through the Apple AppStore. I have an overview over my cost, managing subscriptions is super easy and don’t need to care about handling means of payment with every single provider. Works for me.

This said if a subscription was paid through Apple, and the developer doesn’t honor it, you need to talk to Apple Support (yes „talk“, opposite to the disaster EN calls a customer support you actually can talk to Apple). Usually they will refund you.

I use YNAB to manage all of my bills and various subscriptions. It's a really great budgeting tool that has helped me immensely. It's great for keeping track of what comes out when and how much one needs to set aside each month to cover an annual subscription when it is due.

• Like 1