Seem to be locked out of Evernote

Go to solution Solved by mackid1993,

I've been using Evernote free for the last decade but this week I tried to login and it just shows this.  Can anyone help understand why I can't login?  Have I used too many notes?  If I start a subcription, will this give me access?  

Screenshot03-28-202423_29_27.thumb.png.cec6d7d08098f814e296a9d0f8c87826.png

• Evernote Expert

More critical is which version of the Evernote software are you having problems with?  If it is earlier that v10.65 including v7, v6 etc then these have been withdrawn and will give this very issue.

Uninstall the software you have and download and install the latest version available from evernote.com/downloads/

You will regain access to your notes.  If you have more than 50 notes or 1 notebook then you will be restricted and unable to create new notes. You will be able to edit existing notes.  In this case subscribing is your only option if you wish to create new notes or access more than one notebook.

I had been logging in from the evernote website.  If I go to my evernote app that was downloaded I have an old version and it opens but the notes were up to 2020. 

• Level 5

Could you share the version number ?

How many devices are synced to your account ?

Did you unsync devices within the last couple of days ?

Or forget to get help here, because this thread is dying from a lack of cooperation.

• Solution

Also it would be helpful to know what browser you are using if using the web app, more importantly is the browser up to date. Based on your screenshot I would wager your browser is out of date. You said you are running macOS Monterey, perhaps you are on an old version of Safari?

A couple of things to try:

• Any different browser
  • Ensuring your browser is up to date
  • Clearing all browsing data, cookies, cache etc in current browser
  • The current 10.82.2 + desktop client

This doesn't appear to be an account lockout or password issue but either an issue with a bad browser session cookie or an out of date browser.

Should I start a new topic for this?

Yesterday on my Android v14 phone, Evernote signed me out for  no apparent reason and now refuses to move beyond the first sign-in screen. I have used both my username and my email address, and when I click the Continue button, nothing happens. I rebooted the phone but that didn't change anything (as I expected). BTW, I have never logged out of Evernote on my phone since I bought the phone about 2 yrs ago. I've rebooted the phone many times, of course, and Evernote has always stayed logged in. 

It would appear that uninstalling/reinstalling is the only next thing to try, but I'm not hopeful about that either.

I am still logged in on my Win 10 laptop. I also just verified that the web portal is working on the laptop via the Chrome browser. I did lose access a few days ago on my Android 6 or 7 tablet, but I expected that because of the v10 forced update.

• Level 5

We have reports some ISPs are erroneously blocking EN login sites.

Switch the phone to mobile data, and try again.

If it works on mobile, but not on WiFi, contact your ISP to make him unlock evernote.com.

@PinkElephant Thank you for the suggestion! I hadn't thought of that and I was hopeful that might solve the mystery. Unfortunately, it didn't. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and it behaved as expected upon the first attempt. No idea what may have caused the glitch, considering that I haven't updated anything on the phone for at least a week.

I appreciate your help on this forum.

• Like 2