V10.81.0 for android is not working

I have been using the old version for years and everything was good, until yesterday I was informed by the App to update otherwise I cannot synchronize note anymore, so I did. 

After updating the App to V10.81.0 , I cannot read the notes on my smartphone, 

I thought the new app might need some time to adapt to the format or what, similar by the PC version of evernote. 

But two days later I found I was wrong and the app was down.

It is technically not functioning. I can only see the summary of the note list but not open any of them.

I tried to reinstall the App and also look for any updates I might have missed, but it seems like V10.81.0 is already the latest version. 

anyone experienced the same issue? or it is just another terrible update from evernote?

the following attached photo is the running sign I see when I try to open the note. the circle just keeps running for hours....

I am also opened to any suggestion regarding other apps that can combine web clipper and notes.

Evernote is really noticeably getting worse with each update....sigh.

35824.jpg

• Like 1

Hatte das selbe Problem. Wenn ich mich nach der Neuinstallation nun einzuloggen versuche, kommt die Fehlermeldung "Anmeldefehler. Keine Internetverbindung. Bitte versuche es später erneut." - Allerdings habe ich eine exzellente Internetverbindung und alle anderen Apps auf dem Handy funktionieren auch. Ärgerlich, weil man schon ganz gerne am Handy an Tausende Notizen herankommen möchte. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

v10.81 is working for many users so this seems likely to be an issue with your installation.

In the past this type of issue sometimes accompanies an upgraded installation.

I would completely uninstall the app then reinstall. That may resolve this issue for you.

• Like 1
2 小時前, agsteele說:

v10.81 is working for many users so this seems likely to be an issue with your installation.

In there past this type of issue sometimes accompanies an upgraded installation.

I would completely uninstall the app then reinstall. That may resolve this issue for you.

I did exactly the same. I completely uninstalled the App and downloaded it again from google store. 

But the issue remains. 

I have the same problem. Uninstalled Evernote, reinstalled it and when logging in I get the error message (No internet connection. Try again later). But my internet connection is excellent. Would like to use Evernote on my mobile phone again. The annual subscription price is high, so there should be no such problems!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same problem. Since 20240326 I cannot connect to Evernote via  Google or via email and password in two mobiles and a tablet. Notes are not sync. Always is said login error or unable to connnect, or web error. Is there any solution for this issue?

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Check connectivity.

Try on your WiFi - working ? Disable WiFi on your phone, try with mobile data (needs to be enabled for EN) - working ? Go to a place with free WiFi access (Mall, library, public buildings) - working ? If it works on some networks, but fails on others, it is likely a network issue.

Some more hints: Clear out the devices cache. Make sure everything is updated (EN needs Android 9 /iOS 13 as minimum). Make a forced restart of the device. Erase Network settings (only as last resort, and when you know how to rebuild them).

Dear all, 
Likewise as above, i received the past two weeks the message that 
I had an older Evernote version {8.13.3} on my Android Huawei dated 2018 still 
running fine.
As the peers observed as mentioned above, today I was indeed no longer able 
to log in to the Evernote Android app, appearing trying to sign in,
the statement:
" poor connection" while the application runs fine at the desktop
4 inches besides it. In the settings, the phone is also still synchronized in the account
The Evernote Android App update in Play Store does not help, it keeps 
showing me the identical old same version {8.13.3} 
Question for you:
What solution -- besides "buy an Apple" 
:
What options exist to again continue to succesfully login and proceed using
Evernote on mobile phone ? 
Awaiting your response
  • Level 5

You need a phone running Android 9 or above, or an iOS device with at least iOS 13. These can run the current client version.

Hint: Please use regular font size in the forum.

• Like 1
在 2024/3/29 在 AM7點39分, PinkElephant說:

Check connectivity.

Try on your WiFi - working ? Disable WiFi on your phone, try with mobile data (needs to be enabled for EN) - working ? Go to a place with free WiFi access (Mall, library, public buildings) - working ? If it works on some networks, but fails on others, it is likely a network issue.

Some more hints: Clear out the devices cache. Make sure everything is updated (EN needs Android 9 /iOS 13 as minimum). Make a forced restart of the device. Erase Network settings (only as last resort, and when you know how to rebuild them).

thanks for the advice. I followed through your suggestions, tried both Wifi and mobile data. 

my phone is operating under Android 9, and I also tried to clean all cache as well as the previously stored data. 

But the issue remains and I still cannot open any note, while other Apps work just fine, like Facebook, youtube, chrome etc. 

I already reported the issue to Evernote customer support since I am a subscribed user. 

well, hope they can solve the problem as soon as possible.....

On 3/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, PinkElephant said:

You need a phone running Android 9 or above, or an iOS device with at least iOS 13. These can run the current client version.

Hint: Please use regular font size in the forum.

as Jos Scheidhammer says “The annual subscription price is high”. Now that the application is paid, they are forcing us to change our smartphone!?
I agreed to pay for the subscription because evernote is very useful to me. my smartphone can't go beyond android 8.0, I'm not going to change my phone because of Evernote!
I read an article where it was written that "for the moment" you must have Android 10 or higher. Is it true ? will it soon be functional on android 8.0??

• Level 5

You need Android 9 or iOS 13.

Whenever you subscribed - all clients before v10 were deprecated and declared as unsupported in 2020, when the v10 generation of clients was launched.

What has happened now by cutting sync for all legacy clients could have happened any time since the end of 2021. All subscriptions had renewed at least once until then, with the knowledge that only v10 are supported any more.

Android 8 was released in 2017, your phone is probably older. Time for a change - either the phone or the EN app. The browser version is not really a viable workaround (might be on an older tablet).

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

You need Android 9 or iOS 13.

Whenever you subscribed - all clients before v10 were deprecated and declared as unsupported in 2020, when the v10 generation of clients was launched.

What has happened now by cutting sync for all legacy clients could have happened any time since the end of 2021. All subscriptions had renewed at least once until then, with the knowledge that only v10 are supported any more.

Android 8 was released in 2017, your phone is probably older. Time for a change - either the phone or the EN app. The browser version is not really a viable workaround (might be on an older tablet).

I subscribed this year, before I had a free account and no knowledge of unsupported Android 8.

yes I bought my smartphone in July 2017 and it works very well. so it's not time to change it!

if I go to the browser from my smartphone, it sends me to the playstore.
can you explain to me what EN app is?

• Level 5

It is the installed client. You have version 8.something offered by the PlayStore, because it is the latest version that will run on your phone. If you had at least Android 9, the version number would have started with a 10.

These are the minimum system requirements for EN:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012107027-Operating-system-requirements-for-Evernote

21 小時前, PinkElephant說:

It is the installed client. You have version 8.something offered by the PlayStore, because it is the latest version that will run on your phone. If you had at least Android 9, the version number would have started with a 10.

These are the minimum system requirements for EN:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012107027-Operating-system-requirements-for-Evernote

I think I fulfilled all the system requirements,

I even update the evernote app on my smart phone again to the newest V10.82.0,  but it is still not working.

I wrote to the customer service and until now I only got a automatic reply saying "please wait patiently, until they fix the bug"

guess there isn't much we can do about it. 

Paid account / User since 2008.

v. 10.81.0 installed on Android (Google Pixel 6, latest OS).

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app as suggested above.  the problems persist:

I can open files on the mobile app, but cannot create new notes.

Search does not work when on a public wifi where I had to sign in using a captive portal.

Cannot create new notes from within the mobile app is the kicker.

I can create new notes from outside the app (eg, desktop) and then I have to open and edit the note from within the mobile app.

Luckily, I have several months until my subscription runs out.  Moving to Devon Think.  I don't even care about price anymore.

Edited by privacy+security guru
additional info
  • Like 1

After a week of trying different possible solutions, the issue remains unsolved.

I think there is nothing I can do but to sadly discontinue my paid subscription. 

I have tried several different ways, including uninstalling the App and reinstalling it to the latest version (at the time of this writing is  V10.82.0 the newest version of the evernote App). 

I make sure my Andorid is V9, the wifi as well as mobile Internet signal are perfect. 

I cleaned the cache and all the stored data. 

I even wrote emails to the customer service. 

But none of these effort paid off.....Until today I only got an automatic reply from Evernote, recommending me to stay patient until they figure out the bug.

well, since I cannot open or edit any note  with my android device on the go, there is no convincing reason for me to extend my paid subscription. 

If one day they correct the bug, someone please keep me posted. 

But for now I am ok with the free version or I might try some Apps from other companies. wish me good luck. 

and I wanna thank everyone here for the advice and help. 

@yetiman, I think we all understand your deep frustrations.  None of us should have to struggle to use a once-stable application.
My legacy versions worked so well.  Never an issue until the Electron desktop app and whatever they're using to haphazardly build the Android version.

My work around is:  I've created a handful of empty notes in the desktop app titled "New Note Use Me."  I can then edit those notes while on the mobile version.  Otherwise, I still cannot create new notes on my mobile device.

I'm also still unable to get any search results when on mobile.  This is beyond frustrating, as you must feel, being unable to utilize the app for its intended purposes.

I honestly don't even care about the money.  I would pay a few hundred dollars a year to Evernote if they just had a platform that worked for my needs.

I've heard great things about Obsidian.  Unfortunately, their highest tiered paid plan doesn't provide enough storage for my needs.  Although I really like everything else about them.  I may use Rsync on a dedicated linux box (just an Pi4) and see how I like it. 

Honestly, I think it would take less time and effort for me to export to Obsidian, setup a linux environment on a Pi, and configure Rsync vs the amount of time I've spent trying to get Evernote to work properly. 

Also check out DevonThink.  They're Mac/Apple only for now, but man they've got a fantastic platform.  I believe they encourage WebDav for syncing, but also work with other cloud-things.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The problem here is (as I understood) that the Android client is not working at all. It is not just a question of not being able to create new notes.

The client is now 10.82 (which is actual). The Android version is 9, which is sufficient. So it should operate, but it doesn’t.  It may ideas left on this issue, I‘m afraid. Any security software running on that phone ? Any xxx-ware running on it preinstalled from the maker ?

BTW when only the new note button is not there, I assume you are (involuntarily) part of the test group for the new mobile client. If it is similar to iOS, you can still go to the EN home page, and create a new note from the new note button there. Not a good workflow,  but for the time being better than nothing.

• Like 1

Since the android upgrade to 10.83.0 the search by filters in my mobile has stopped working correctly. This happened today. Is any one having the same issues?  I should add that the tag count shows the right number of notes but when i select it only two appear. No such problem on the windows laptop

Edit: when I clear the cache the right notes briefly appear before disappearing again. Odd

Second edit: I ended up re-installing fingers-crossed. seems to work