[bug] Accessing (viewing) encrypted content changes Last Edited property of the note

Subj
Everytime I view ecnrypted content of a note, it marks note as just edited and note jumps to the top of the list, making "Date updated" sorting option useless.

Please fix.

Yes, it does and I already gave feedback and so should you.

In a way understandable. Now that sync is (almost) instantaneous, I am sure that a new copy is saved on the server with the text decrypted, while you are viewing it. That's a change, so the date of last change is modified.

This will be the technical reason, I guess. That the usability suffers is clear, this behavior is logically nonsense.

I believe that they will never change the behavior. Even though I don't like it either, I have gripes that are three orders of magnitude bigger.

Feedback to: feedback@evernote.com

• Level 5*

To actually get some feedback.. eventually .. use https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - and it's worth pointing out to them that you're concerned about non-encrypted content making it to the server in this way.  It is actually possible that they (being government contractors and all) have already included a way around that.

Meantime there's also the other option that most software these days has an encryption option,  so using a password-protected PDF (forinstance) attached to a note will ensure that only the protected version gets saved back to the server.

Support seems pretty broken at the moment,  but the one thing they should still be doing is collecting stats on what issues are being reported - and the ones that get most votes will tend to get fixed first.

3 小時前, Razmataz說:

順便說一句,如果一個人取消折疊一個部分,閱讀其中的內容並再次折疊它,這個問題似乎就會出現。

有人也能證實這一點嗎?

Just using folding will cause

2 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

OK, then I am off reporting it.

@ferol, if the lit is still active, this should be on it (for both decrypting and unfolding).

Thanks.

added 

D.14

I don't know if anyone "over there" watches it afterwards, if they've already watched it...