How to finish with Teams and pass 13000 notes to my private evernote

• Level 5

Yes, every note you import to your personal account will count against the upload limit.

You can look at the ENEX files to find out how much data the import will need. ENEX exports can as well be split in files of up to 2GB to allow an import step by step.

• Evernote Expert
15 minutes ago, pansovic said:

and how do I export from web browser? I don't see that option

Export isn't a function of the web client (nor from mobile).

2 minutes ago, pansovic said:

and it seems that I only can select 100 notes at a time, meaning I will need to create 130 enex files to move all the notes? 

You can export a whole notebook on the notebook menus in the desktop apps.

OK, I understand. I'm facing a significant problem here.

Let me explain.

Dealing with two accounts (personal/Teams) is a hassle, so I want to consolidate everything into one account. To achieve this, I need to delete many notes because the maximum allowed is 100,000.

I deleted those notes from the Windows version, but it ended up causing system issues and prevented syncing. The suggested solution is to redo all the work by deleting 30,000 notes at a time on the Evernote web interface. This will amount to several days of work. Thanks, Evernote! Once that's done, I'll need to uninstall the Windows version and start fresh from the web browser. However, all of this will consume my monthly allowance of 20GB, and since I have around 300GB, it will take me 15 months to complete. Only after finishing all that can I move the Team notes to private because there's no export/import function in the browser.

Is this the correct approach? I sincerely hope there's an alternative.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, pansovic said:

Is this the correct approach? I sincerely hope there's an alternative.

I suggest that you contact support for the best approach.  You are facing a unique situation and there are very few Teams users here.

• Like 1

Support is terrible. It takes them weeks to respond, and when they do, their answers are not helpful. It seems like their support is either automated or staffed by incompetent people.

Kicking out Legacy is extremely frustrating, to say the least.

• Level 5

Some ideas:

If you consolidate by erasing notes, you can move only those you want to keep to a new notebook - or delete those you want to erase, depending on which sort is the majority in a notebook. Then export the notebook holding what you want to keep.

After you exported everything you want to keep, and the import went through, you simply delete the whole account with everything left.

Operations on multiple notes work faster when done on a desktop client, and in offline mode. You do the operation, which will perform faster „local only“. After that, you go back online and let the sync happen in the background.

To use this method, you need a desktop client with a full download. I would always switch between offline and online. If you collect a day of offline mass extinction, it could be the server will be choking.

For a complete export you can use the Evernote Backup Project on GitHub.

It is a command line program that will first create a local database from your account. In the next step it will convert the content of this database into ENEX files, one per notebook.

It runs completely independent from a client, using the API to fetch the data. You could even install it in a Docker on a Server or NAS.

If you use it, you can import only those notebooks with active content. The rest can stay archived either in the database or saved as ENEX files. This way you can store notebooks for later reference, in case you need them.

I have 16Gb left on my drive. Perhaps it's better if I cleanup it first. From the attached image can I safely delete the resource-cache that takes 325 Gb

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-25 165930.png

• Level 5

Not sure with Windows, but on a MAC it is a NO WAY. This what is here called a cache actually is your active local database.

If you erase it, you loose all local content. Sure, it still is on the server, but downloading it will be no fun, and takes a lot of time. Exporting will only work on the local database - when you erase it, no export until downloaded again.

This means as well you need to purge A LOT to get within any reasonable upload limits. We don’t pay EN for storage, but the upload is linked to our accounts. 20GB per month is the maximum allowed for an individual account, using the Professional plan.

You can make the calculation yourself how long it will take to upload nearly 400 GB.

I would say you better get some additional storage (like a nice external SSD), and use it to restructure the content of your drive. If you want to move the local EN database, the option is in the apps settings.

OK, I think the best option will be to delete Windows with Revo installer, sync all over again de 47000 notes from Private and 13500 notes from Teams

Export 13500 notes from Teams

Import 13500 notes into Private

Start deleting over time the unnecessary notes from the original 47000 notes. 

Does this sound like a plan? 

But honestly, how will that work when deleting 30.000 notes messed it all up in the first place? I did not delete them all in one go because the v10 version only allows you to select 100 notes simultaneously.