I guess I'm one of the lucky 10% with access to the new Files section. I can see it being really useful down the line, but it shows every single file. For example I use the Daily Mental Health Journal template and duplicate it every day so I now have a few hundred Evernote and Talkspace logos in it. It also pulls in every single image in a web clip, even tiny ones.

I think it would be really nice if files could be sorted by stack and notebook to help with some of these issues. For an early preview, I see a ton of potential here.

I will say the filtering is INSTANT.

Filtering through this dialog brings up relevant files immediately.

image.thumb.png.f7c52c1511a9b24009f135a7d67177ac.png

• Like 2

It looks really useful - but needs some polishing 

I have 32,000 items in mine, and it takes a while to load each time I click on the new section 

Perhaps a cached results list, and a filter to exclude images (or images <= 100kB in size) 

Looking forward to what the team can come up with :)

image.png.68faff93974182a175446c0d737565f9.png

• Like 1
13 hours ago, cheesetec said:

It looks really useful - but needs some polishing 

I have 32,000 items in mine, and it takes a while to load each time I click on the new section 

Perhaps a cached results list, and a filter to exclude images (or images <= 100kB in size) 

Looking forward to what the team can come up with :)

image.png.68faff93974182a175446c0d737565f9.png

Federico said it would be rough. This isn't the end state of it. Still lots of work to do.

As another of the "random" 10%, I'm trying the Files feature when I find an opportunity to use it.

This looks like it will be another useful option in EN, and I'm looking forward to seeing it fully developed.

The "scrappy" initial version does the job, although it takes a while to load the list of all your attached files at the moment. However, the search of retrieved files is very swift!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

Restart or reinstall maybe?

Sort of reinstall.

I did lots of things, but the one that worked was signing out, choosing to delete data (sigh), and signing back in—it's working now.

Thanks.

• Like 1