Unable to create new notes after forced migration from legacy

I was forced to migrate from the legacy app version to the new web based app version, however since the migration I am unable to create new notes! The message is saying "limit reached". Confused, since all I did is migrate to the newer app version. I am on the free plan but I've never had this problem before after many years of use! What is going on?

image.png.8806610957716e9d75f5b1d322608abf.png

How sneaky, Evernote didn't tell me about that!!! 🤣On the legacy version there is no such "note" count limitation! This must have been introduced in the new web app version?

I gather I now need to rollback to legacy and create a few hundred empty notes and that should keep me going until I decide which platform I should move onto! But for sure, it won't be Evernote. Sad to be ending the relationship after many years of happy use 😂

• Level 5

There is nothing sneaky (except maybe users who expect others to pay eternally for their free ride).

It is no charity. Free is a trial since January. The options are to subscribe for sustained use, or to leave

• Sad 1
12 minutos atrás, Galaxy_Explorer disse:

How sneaky, Evernote didn't tell me about that!!! 🤣On the legacy version there is no such "note" count limitation! This must have been introduced in the new web app version?

I gather I now need to rollback to legacy and create a few hundred empty notes and that should keep me going until I decide which platform I should move onto! But for sure, it won't be Evernote. Sad to be ending the relationship after many years of happy use 😂

The limit of 50 notes for free accounts has existed since November, I guess. It was reported on the Evernote website: https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-free-note-limits

The strange thing is that you say that this limitation did not exist in the legacy. I thought they were subject to the same limitation.

Note: To compensate for this limitation, Evernote has released access to several features that were previously only paid for: https://evernote.com/blog/14-features-for-all

• Like 1

Evernote has forced my hand but it's a good outcome, I've discovered an alternative that better fits my needs and that is Joplin.

For those interested, Joplin is open source and provides an option to self-host which is exactly what I was looking for. I like the idea that I retain my data within my environment. Added bonus is the workflow and layout is almost identical to Evernote so it makes for an easy switch!

Thanks Evernote for many years of great service and I genuinely wish you many more years of success! 🙂