Filtering by keywords does not work correctly!

I have records with a specific keyword as a saved filter in my favorites.
This filter has always worked perfectly in the legacy version!
To rule out an error imported from the old version, I also tried to recreate the filter in Evernote 10, but that didn't help ;-(

Unfortunately, the selection is often incorrect! For example, 5 data sets are displayed on the PC in Evernote for Windows, but only 3 data sets are displayed on the Android.
I can also see the missing records on Android and also see that the keywords are correctly selected, but they are still NOT displayed in the saved search favorites.
The filter only has ONE keyword and no other selection (see attached).

The error is extremely restrictive for me because I rely on this CORRECTLY filtered data when I'm on the go.
How can you determine the error here?

2024-03-1815_59_36-Suchergebnisse-Evernote.jpg.b9b1af4794cdd6332a53d5a03db679b5.jpg

I have now examined this error a little more closely and taken two more screenshots of the error.
My example is about a simple shopping list!

On one screenshot you can see 5 pieces, on the other screenshot you can see 3 pieces. !

Do I now have to report this error separately to support or are people from Evernote Support reading here?

Evernote 3 pcs.jpg

Evernote 5 pcs.jpg

• Level 5

This is a user forum.

If you want to open a ticket, do so. Nothing will happen by itself.

It can be that it takes little for the search index to update. We had reports of in between 30 minutes and an hour. If the tags were added just now, it may be it is resolved when you read this.

Also, if there is a discrepancy between what you see on your Windows client and what you see on Android, log on using the web client.  What is on the web client is what is on Evernote's servers.  That will help you figure out which device has the problem.

Vinnie

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

This is a user forum.

If you want to open a ticket, do so. Nothing will happen by itself.

It can be that it takes little for the search index to update. We had reports of in between 30 minutes and an hour. If the tags were added just now, it may be it is resolved when you read this.

Thanks for this hint!
That's a shame, because it worked much faster with the legacy version.
There was also the option to synchronize manually if I wanted to speed up the process.

What do I have to do with V10.x if I don't want to wait 30 minutes or longer??
Is there also a function here for “manual” synchronization as long as this error exists?

16 hours ago, pbelcl said:

thanks for this hint!

so the problem points on the android client!

because windows and web is the same....

Android does have a Sync button (botto of the settings menu). If Windows and the web are the same then the data is clearly getting to the server ok

• Like 1

And in my experience, the Android client is very sensitive to hardware.  I have a Pixel 6 which works fine.  I also have a ruggedized Doogee phone I use in a mount on my motorcylce.  The Doogee has less memory and less good hardware in general.  Evernote works pretty poorly on the Doogee - takes forever to sync for instance, while the Pixel 6 is reasonably fast.

If you do a search, you'll find posts on reinstalling the Android client, which might be helpful in solving your problem.

Vinnie

• Like 1
14 hours ago, VincentC said:

If you do a search, you'll find posts on reinstalling the Android client, which might be helpful in solving your problem.

Thanks for this hint.
Deinstalled Evernote and reinstalled again.
The tag display still doesn't work ;-(

18 hours ago, Mike P said:

Android does have a Sync button (botto of the settings menu). If Windows and the web are the same then the data is clearly getting to the server ok

Thanks, I overlooked this function until now!
After calling it up, I see confirmation that everything has been synced.
Unfortunately, the filter of my shopping list still shows 2 fewer data records than I see in the WEB version
Strangely enough, it has also no effect on my offline notebooks, because they haven't been synced yet since I reinstalled them yesterday! Very strange?

That was also the reason why I used the legacy version until now, everything was perfect there!
I'm starting to get desperate because the way things are going now I can no longer rely on Evernote ;-(

• Like 1

I seem to remember doing a "force stop" in Android in the past when I had a similar problem. I'm guessing though,  that is not going to work for you if you have already uninstalled and re-installed.