On Windows, I have the correct 15000 notes, while on Evernote web and Android, I still have 55000 notes. This means that the notes deleted on Windows are not deleted on other devices. 

The web client will reflect what is on Evernote's servers, so it does indeed appear that the changes on your PC are not making it to the Evernote server.  Any firewalls or VPNs in place that your PC has to connect through?  If your Windows PC is a laptop, a simple thing I would try if I were in your situation, would be to go to a coffee shop with good Internet, have a café con leche, and open Evernote.  Maybe even have a second coffee.  Then log into Evernote using the Web client and see if your note count is changing.  That will tell you whether the issue is related to the broadband connection you usually use.

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Level 5

With that quantity deleted it will probably take a little.

When you open the Windows task manager, do you still have ongoing network traffic for the EN app (Evernote, Evernote Helper) ?

If yes, I would leave the client open, to allow it to sync.

First the count in the web client should go down. Then the other devices will follow.

If nothing happens, take a coffee break as @VincentC has proposed.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I don’t. Legacy is *****

And how does this help to solve your problem ? I think you just loaded a huge volume of syncing in one go on the uplink and server.

Which means that probably now patience is the highest virtue.

I joined this forum because I felt frustrated. It has been a week, and I am still waiting to receive feedback from the support team.
I'm genuinely surprised at how you can support such a poor product. I waited until the very last moment to transition from Legacy. With Legacy, I never encountered any problems, but now that I've made the move, all these issues have started anew. It's unacceptable how we are being treated.

• Level 5

You switched to a new app generation, and first thing was to remove 40.000 out of 55.000 notes ?

Probably before the new client had a chance to build the full local database.

Don’t want to enter into user bashing, but let us assume the client was not yet fully functional when this was added to it’s tasks. While it still downloads it always get an „erased“ message, which he needs to upload.

If the web client is still showing it all, it may be the best strategy to start all over again.

This would mean: Completely trash the new desktop client. Use Revo Uninstaller for this. The regular Windows Uninstaller doesn’t do this job.

The after a restart of the computer install it fresh, open, log in. Now give it all the time it takes to download the full copy and build the local database. With 55k notes this can take several days, if not weeks.

Only after this has been completed, start removing stuff. Do it in steps, not 40k notes all at once.

I can only delete 100 notes at a time, which is another limitation in the new version. It's frustrating because I wish we still had the legacy version available. Seeing the legacy haters on this forum is disheartening, especially when I face the daily limitations firsthand. How am I supposed to move my notes efficiently when I can only do it in increments of 100 slowly? It feels like this version is designed for my grandma. And let's say I need to rebuild 55,000 notes, it'll "take weeks!" You might wonder why I'm deleting 40,000 notes, but how can one be productive when syncing takes weeks, especially after the last update promised seamless syncing between all devices? It's honestly a joke.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, pansovic said:

Seeing the legacy haters on this forum is disheartening

You’re mistaken.  The folks trying to help out are not haters.  The door has officially been closing on Legacy for over three years. Those who are still here helping out are realists who have already made their decision on whether to stay or leave.  Legacy has gone out of business and you get to decide where to move to. Some have left and some have stayed. Many of us have found v10 to be the best option to move to.  Others chose differently.  Moaning about the demise of Legacy won’t get you any closer to a decision. If you don’t like v10, try other apps.  If you decide to go with v10 and hit bumps in the road, there are people here who will give their time to help you adapt and adjust to the changes.

• Level 5

It makes a difference to sync a note at a time (or 10, 20 or 50) - or sync 55k of notes, with a database and a search index the user expects to work. With a necessary conversion between the old and new data structure.

It is not clear if you erased 40k of notes on legacy, or the new version. To give you sound advise, you should first tell what you did.

Until then, no further advise.

S2Sailor:  PInkElephant is one of the biggest Legacy haters on this platform. I have tried all the options (Notion, Bear, DevonThink, ClickUp, Joplin, Nimbus, NoteJoy) , alternatives, and newest EN versions, but I always had to return to Legacy until today, when they officially kicked it out.  

PinkELephant: I deleted 40k from the new version, and it is already getting in trouble.  Instead of having a productive day, I again get into trouble with the latest version. 

• Level 5

OK, this was my idea, thanks for confirming it.

You have my advise, use it at your discretion.

It would be pretty stupid to hate a piece of outdated code, don’t you think ?

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

You switched to a new app generation

NO, I kept using the Legacy but always synced with the new version.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Probably before the new client had a chance to build the full local database

Nope, it was fully synced at all times. But clearly, that version cannot handle a large number of notes, so I started deleting them. But, even that doesn't work. 

12 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It would be pretty stupid to hate a piece of outdated code, don’t you think ?

Sure, we are again the stupid guys. Dude, I am a simple user, and I am showing the error messages with screenshots. I am not creating a fairy tale here. Working with the new version is a pain in the neck. It's as simple as that. 

I myself am not interested in conversations that devolve into who is to blame for whatever difficulty a poster is asking for help to solve.  I usually move on when that  happens.   But @pansovic, I understand that you are trying to get your system working and are frustrated by the issues you are encountering, and hoping that your primary intention here is to get your system operating again, let me offer my opinion that I think you have just a couple of options.

* Leave Evernote and spend your time deciding on an alternate platform and figuring how to move your notes from Legacy to the new software.  This has advantages and disadvantages that only you can work through.  Or...

* Continue to invest time in getting your system running again. 

If you focus on continuing to try to get your system running, before doing anything else, I would strongly suggest opening a support ticket with Evernote if you haven't already.  Can't hurt and it might help.  While you're waiting for a support person, I think you have two paths you could follow:

1) continue what you have been doing and try to get your notes to sync up.  Problem with this is that the errors you are receiving could be caused by corruption in your local database.  You have a lot of notes, which will make it hard to get past this problem, IMO.  Maybe support can help -- probably your best hope if you stick to this approach is that support can do something on the server side to address the issue.  I don't know what the likelihood is of that.

2) Follow @PinkElephant's suggestion a few posts ago.  Basically, start over by deleting Evernote completely so that the server will write a new copy of your version 10 local database.  Once it has done that, you can go back to culling your database if you still want to.  There are numerous posts that give blow-by-blow instructions about how to do this.  But basically, use Revo Uninstaller to completely remove all of version 10.  Then download a new download file from the Evernote website (Not the Windows store) and use it to install a new copy of Evernote.   This approach has the advantage of saving time -- you can do this while you are waiting to hear from support, and this is overwhelmingly likely to be the first thing that support will ask you to do anyway.  BTW, it's apparently a lot easier for the server to create a new local database copy if it has plenty of local storage to work with.  So, if you are short on storage, it might be worthwhile to address that.

I hope you can get your situation resolved whichever approach you take.

Vinnie

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let you know that this case remains unresolved, and despite the standard apologies for the frustration and inconvenience, support has not been particularly helpful. However, "please be assured that the developers are diligently working to resolve the issue".

Thank you for moving away from Legacy, though I must express that not offering a substantial alternative for years is disappointing to say the least.

It's a real mess over here all because of deleting Legacy. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If I recall it correctly, you erased 40.000 out of 55.000 notes. Then something went wrong with syncing this rather massive change of content in your account.

To me it seems you just stressed the system pretty much, and unfortunately could not sort it out with support (which currently is not surprising, support performance is far off any acceptable level).

The only advise I can give you is to stick with support. You can open an existing ticket again by logging into the help site, and go to your tickets. You can interact there.