Lost notebooks after upgrade

I recently had to upgrade Evernote and after doing so I no longer have access to my notebooks. There is a lot of data in those notebooks and I would like to get that data back. Let me add that I currently use the free version and have been using this version for almost 10 years.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, tigger3 said:

I no longer have access to my notebooks.

Hi.  Why,  exactly?  Free users should still be able to view,  and if necessary,  export existing notes.  Evernote are simply making it clear that the free service is now a trial only - they cannot afford to keep subsidising free services indefinitely.

If that is the case, then they should allow those who had been using the app all these years to be able to access their data to export it. It's not Evernote's data.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
59 minutes ago, tigger3 said:

If that is the case, then they should allow those who had been using the app all these years to be able to access their data to export it. It's not Evernote's data.

They do.  You should still have access to your data.  If you describe the problem in more detail then we may be able to provide some help.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
23 hours ago, tigger3 said:

I recently had to upgrade Evernote and after doing so I no longer have access to my notebooks. There is a lot of data in those notebooks and I would like to get that data back. Let me add that I currently use the free version and have been using this version for almost 10 years.

Is there any chance you accidentally logged in with the wrong email address or username? People do this all the time, and the result is a new, empty account. Check your login credentials to be sure you're in your existing account.

To Ushavilash's repsonse I agree 100%, and I thought I had backup up the data yet turns out I may not have so that's on me, yet before I was forced to update, ran out of wait time I guess, the data was there. Following the update the data was not there.

To Dave-in-Decatur's response, that is possibility. our company was bought and I don't recall changing my prior e-mail address yet it is possible so I will test that theory.

Sorry for the BOLD test after copying Ushavilash's username everything was bolded....sigh

• Like 1

My thanks to Dave-in-Decatur for your insight. I went back and accessed the website using my former company e-mail address and my data is there. Not sure how the new company e-mail address go into the system , yet it did. And not to Ushavilash's comment on doing regular backups I will do this now. Thanks to all you provided their feedback I am out of the woods and back on the right path...woo-hoo!!

• Like 3
  • Level 5
21 hours ago, tigger3 said:

My thanks to Dave-in-Decatur for your insight. I went back and accessed the website using my former company e-mail address and my data is there. Not sure how the new company e-mail address go into the system , yet it did. And not to Ushavilash's comment on doing regular backups I will do this now. Thanks to all you provided their feedback I am out of the woods and back on the right path...woo-hoo!!

Great to know! Services that require login with an email address can be a mess if you have to use a company address and that changes. Glad it's straightened out.

• In my case, I did have a pay subscription until the outrageous price increase.  My data is there, I just can't get to it as I get pop-up telling me I can upgrade at a discount (I've gotten 60, 40 and 25 % offers) but the pop-ups won't go away and I cannot retrieve my data.