gmail clipper not working

Does anyone know if the Gmail clipper is still supported (desktop and IOS)? I get errors on both every time I try to clip an email.

Unknown error occurred.

EDAM_UNK-EDAM_UNK-{"msg":"method with the requested number of arguments not found (session may have timed out)","code":591}
  • Level 5*

Hi.  There are already two separate threads about email clipping - best advice for the moment;  remember you can forward emails to your account with notebook / tag and reminder information.  Report the issue to Support - the more messages they get,  the more attention this will receive.

So I tried clearing the cache on my Chrome browser, used CCleaner also, tried Firefox, reinstalled the webclipper, updated Gmail and tried a separate computer.  Nothing is working.  I can forward the emails to Evernote but can not send it using the Gmail clip feature.

Just now, idoc said:

So I tried clearing the cache on my Chrome browser, used CCleaner also, tried Firefox, reinstalled the webclipper, updated Gmail and tried a separate computer.  Nothing is working.  I can forward the emails to Evernote but can not send it using the Gmail clip feature.

Are you using the Gmail add-on? That's stopped working, but the Evernote Web Clipper Browser Extension is working well as of 2 days ago. (Desktop only is the limitation).

Not sure of the distinction.  This little green elephant on the right is no longer working (at least after the last EN update).   It used to give me various options.  Now I just get an error message.  I have submitted a ticket to EN and suggest that everybody who is having this problem do also.  It must have been something to do with the last update.

image.png.692759aa1fb3d6a1c0a02c88d57bf50e.png

image.png.f3239b2251d26e2f49ea24f953c5a49c.png

Edited by idoc
  • Level 5*

Meantime in terms of work-arounds,  there's emailing into the Evernote account,  and I'm looking into other add-ins for both Gmail and Outlook where it might be possible to drag and drop emails and attachments and move them from there into a note.  Dropbox for instance is an option,  but only good for attachments,  not the email content.

If the current version caused this problem then I would assume that the next version should solve it (if enough of us complain).  I am assuming that this is an EN issue and not a gmail issue.  If that's the case then it may not be necessary to look for a work arounds since they seem to update the program fairly frequently.  Actually, some of the updates have caused new issues and I may be tempted to not update every single time anymore.

• Level 5*
Just now, idoc said:

I would assume that the next version should solve it (if enough of us complain)

I certainly hope for that,  but a couple of others have stressed it's urgent to find an answer for this and the lack of a clipper has put a stop to my email process for the moment - I'd rather spend some time looking for an answer rather than just hoping for a quick fix!