The new update 10.78.2 has issues, and gives an option YES or NO!

First of all do not like the automatic updates, without giving me an option yes or no. Any app that I am using his giving me an option, and I like it because I never update any apps until it's been tested and out for a while. So here are my issues.

1. I do not like the white color on the left side, I prefer black, easier to work with.

2. Many notes were formatted in a weird way including numbering. Thousand of notes have no spaces between the numbers and the wording. How do I fix it? I tried to go back to a previous version using the time machine, but the next day it happened again because it was updated automatically.

3. Back up as an HTML with an attachment, the links in the HTML files do not work. So the HML is useless.

I have not checked any other issues, hopefully, they will be fixed, and the next updates will have an option YES or NO!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If you have TimeMachine, yes.  But the problem is that as soon as you start using the previous one it will update automatically to the newest one, unless you go offline.

Not sure which is the best forum to post this in - I am frustrated with the new layout - updates usually provide some level of functionality improvement but this one was most aesthetic and the changes are unlikely to suit everyone - I get that. However, I liked the previous layout. In particular, I preferred the contrast with a white background to the notes page and the darker sidebar.  From someone with sight issues the previous contrast was much easier to deal with.  The current layout makes it too much the same and compounds my sight issues.  Also do not like the wasted real estate with margins either side of my text.  is there anyway to change back to the previous layout?  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
10 hours ago, MusicWiz said:

First of all do not like the automatic updates, without giving me an option yes or no. Any app that I am using his giving me an option, and I like it because I never update any apps until it's been tested and out for a while. So here are my issues.

1. I do not like the white color on the left side, I prefer black, easier to work with.

2. Many notes were formatted in a weird way including numbering. Thousand of notes have no spaces between the numbers and the wording. How do I fix it? I tried to go back to a previous version using the time machine, but the next day it happened again because it was updated automatically.

3. Back up as an HTML with an attachment, the links in the HTML files do not work. So the HML is useless.

I have not checked any other issues, hopefully, they will be fixed, and the next updates will have an option YES or NO!

Most of this has to do with the user interface upgrade/degrade that is being applied to Evernote v. 10. You're the second person I've seen just now complaining about numbering being messed up. Could you post a screenshot? That's really weird as a result of UI changes, I'd think, and maybe it has something to do with v. 10.78 itself.

I 100% agree with the OP!  EN V10 needs the ability to disable automatic updates.

Among other posts, you can read many more complaints & inadequacies about it here.